1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSS Feed Added captcha for website login

Discussion in 'Entropia Release Notes' started by ArkadiaBot, Jan 15, 2015.

1. ArkadiaBot

ArkadiaBot Bringer of News PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

A new security measure have been added to the login form on the account.entropiauniverse.com website.

From now on you will have to solve a simple math question in addition to providing your username and password in order to login. Gold Card functionality for the highest security will work as normal (for more info on the Gold Card system see https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/)

We are sorry for any inconvenience this might add but we are confident that this addition will help in keeping your Entropia account more safe.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  2. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

Quite amusing to finally add this when it is being phased out and being replaced by No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA

3. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

holy crap!! i´m totaly lost now, can´t even do the small 1*1. :(

4. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Problem is the captcha in their screenshot is like... incredibly easy to OCR... its pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

I don't understand why Gold Card owners should do this extra movement as well? Yes, that less than few seconds, but I still don't understand why?

Some peoples don't like to be tracked everywhere. [​IMG]

ATM we already have google-analytics.com "spyware" (N.B. I know it's not real spyware, but since it allow track your movements across the sites, that's how I call it and that's what it's actually doing for their owners) on all pages of entropiauniverse.com including account.entropiauniverse.com and client loader. But it's really easy to block them (what I'm doing for years as well as most other external "statistics" services).

But you can't block reCAPTCHA, since it will be _required_ to login. So, I hope MA will never do that.