1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion About the Oratan miners

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Sub-Zero, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Member

I really like this new form of hunting it allows you to spawn the mobs whenever you want to. Plus they are not agressive this makes hunting a lot easier.

Now since it's a new mob it doesn't appear that its loot table is properly balanced yet.

So here is my suggestion to improve it.

After cycling about 1k+ peds (in team of 4) with 43 dps total on miner bots. We had only gotten about 2-3 ped worth total of resources from oratan miners, and less then a ped value in each of the resources.
    I'm sure you know where I'm going with this..

Well I think you should limit the resources you can get from the Oratan Miners say 2-3. And increase the frequency of it.

A 51 ped global gave us each total 0.28 ped of kaz stones. That's simply too low in my opinion. They also don't appear to drop any items. Which makes them great for team hunting (No need for splitting).

Don't want this post to seem like whining, but miner bots on calypso drops ores way more frequently and they are much easier than oratan miners.

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Respawn seems to have stopped for me after 2 waves. I am going into that mine to try to trigger it but its not working. Not sure if it is broke or if I am missing something

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

how hard are these wave spawns ? what kind of eq do i need min? and where are they?

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

The one I found was not hard at all. They are not agro. Mobs are lvl 16-20. I wore koroma\P1 which was a little light.

The mine I found was north of firebase something or other in the desert (near the oratan camps)

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I got more ores than Sub-zero got. Maybe it took some time for them to start dropping it, or it goes in waves like other loot does. And (sad to say) 1k ped on a mob this size isn't really enough to say that they don't drop any items.

Also, the mine I tried (young) gave ~5 waves then stopped. I'm not sure how long you have to wait before they can be reactivated. When they're working properly, they should show you how long until the next spawn.

I like that they give a mix of resources (but I'm a miner so always have these stacks around anyway).

6. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

Some loots from last days:

CAP 32 Dessert
    Ursa Thight
    ESI

Locations:
    I have 7 Camps now - they are most near to the "normal" Wave locations.

3 Camps are north of Streadfast Firebase
    1 Camp west Akaas
    1 Camp in PVP north from Outpost (S/W -in the dessert)
    1 Camp nww from Dauntless (lvl 2 TP-Chip)
    1 Camp at the sea between Valliant and Dauntless Firebase

I will add the coords later - atm at work :)

Maybe you can post your locations too - there should be some more camps.

regards

7. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

(19392,20252,141)

(19584,19321,141)

(10976,11388,96)

(12000,10428,141)

(18176,15289,141)

(17408,14777,141)

(18816,14521,141)

(27488,22972,141)

lil late but thin someone will find it usefull.