1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About LAs and DNA settings

Discussion in 'About Planet Arkadia' started by Futurama, May 20, 2013.

1. Futurama

Futurama Member

A simple, yet very important question:

is the new Land areas built the same way as most Calypso areas with 1 main creature habitat that spawns monsters all over the the LA, mixing all DNAs together? Or maybe the DNA will spawn the mobs separately (at least partly, not everything in a huge mix)?

Haven't seen it asked/answered. My apologies if I have missed it.

2. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Futurama

Currently the LA's function exactly the same as LA's on Calypso. We are however investigating the possibility of separating the spawns into different sections but might require a platform change in order to do this.

Regards,
    Chris

3. svena

svena Active Member Pro Users

That would be an extremely worthwhile thing to do. In their current state, Arkadian LAs are significantly overpriced compared to Calypso LAs. Having the ability to have separate smaller spawns in one LA would turn them into a very tantalizing investment.

4. Futurama

Futurama Member

I see, nothing in the near future than, I suppose... It is a very big difference, as Svena pointed out - Arkadia LAs currently are overpriced compared to Calypso. @ ~200k (market price, doubt anyone could get it for much less than this) for an empty LA that can support 1 mob spawn (no one really likes mixed spawns) seems like a lot, but I'm sure someone will buy it eventually.