1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aakas instance 06 - unpleasant surprises after VU update

Discussion in 'Instances' started by Lucky_A, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Haven't seen any posts regarding instances after the 12.8 VU update ... so, sharing my latest lvl 6 experience I finished minutes ago ...

- Addition of doors at almost any passage way (defo no run through anymore and think is good thing as enough players were abusing that on higher lvl instances in particular :mad:) However, the doors make it impossible sometimes (solid doors) to shoot mobs in the room from the coridor, even that the door is open - you have to step into the room now :huh:. For grill doors you can still shoot the mobs inside but you'll notice the invisible grill pattern while aiming ... quite strange. The 1st boss mob room features an invisible wall mobs cannot pass but you can shoot through :D ... somehow gives the overall feeling of quick copy/paste with not enough testing done before releasing...

- Huge increase in statue's damage capability. Was getting hit for 40-60 in Boar+5B, and quite often also, by lvl 2, 4 and 9 statues :eek: Had to heal almost after each statue kill, sometimes even while shooting them. Usually I didn't used fap at all in a lvl 6, but this run the counter said 6111 Heal point given to self :eek: ... this increases drastically instance difficulty and needed time to complete it. Funny enough though, the end mob (lvl 30 Furion) was unchanged and I didn''t had to heal once while fighting it :D

- Repair and TT terminals were added at each passing through main central room. This is a very nice thing but, due to previous point don't think I'll be using them as fighting 500K HP of lvl 17 statues in a lvl 9 instance for example seems insane considering what lvl2-9 statues can hit for now :(

- Loot was changed. No more robot junk but ... animal oil junk now :mad:. This finnaly puts the nail in the instance coffin :mad: ... We were complaining about robo junk MU ? Now enjoy adrenal's MU :p. As a curiosity, got Arkoins only from the last big chest, maybe they'll become a rare drop once again, but this has to be further verified. Regarding return, that seems unchaged in the 70% of TT spent zone :(

I also had the impression of an increased MISS rate ... did not tracked it so cannot say for sure, but was using 20% more ammo than before, and considering the no regen rule of instance mobs plus the annoying walls of yellow text in chat ... hmm... :huh: .... seems the only explanation for increased ammo usage.

This would be in a nuttshell the new instances :D ... Considering current "improved" situation of statues and loot, adding to that non-functional arkcoin brokers or market, I for one had enough of this and declare it a big FAIL :( ... but hey, big teams might find instances quite challenging now and what's 70% return when u're having fun ? :rolleyes:

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hmm plenty of food for thought. Hoping to hit some instances this weekend and so maybe I will start with lower level ones. I was one of those saying that the intances could be a bit tougher so I cant really complain if they have delivered.

Would rather loot adrenal than robot bits. At least I can sell or craft Adrenal.

3. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

KJ, I don't mind "tough" but reward should match the effort imho ... plus is a question of time - I much rather prefer regular hunting with a chance of higher MU loot that spending 2h in an instance just to come out with a pile of adrenal and (currently useless) Arkoins ...

I also agree to your crafting comment, however u easily see this would impact now the animal loot market of Ark ... personally I'd suggest lower key values, shorter instances and overall smaller ped flow/instance. Defo u can't loot nice items every instance run, but mounts of TT food loot time after time after time plus increased difficulty and time spent will shortly render the instances not interesting to the hunters ... just my 2c

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I'm pretty sure the 70% tt returns already took care of that. :whistle:

5. Fallen

Fallen Member

a increase in decay while having 70% TT return on average doesnt sound very promising, i guess those lvl7-8 keys i still have that have lost most of the markup i paid for them will have to stay in my inventory a little longer. the lack of arkoins and broker was bad enough so this does not help at all.

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Once the brokers are in, the arkoin MU will balance out to match the difficulty of the instances and the demand of the items in the brokers.

I thought the statues were a little too easy before, so I don't necessarily see this as a bad change... tho I haven't actually tried an instance since the update.