1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A starting investment in hunting.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Kyriel, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Kyriel

Kyriel New Member

As the title suggests, i was wondering for a newbie that wants to get into hunting seriously.
    What would be a reasonable amount of money to sink into the game at the beginning without going too crazy?

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Start small and learn while you skill up. Forget about armour, start with TT weapons until at least lvl 10. I wouldn't deposit more than 50 USD to start with and you could even start with 10USD (expecting to need to deposit more).

If you are really serious about serious hunting I suggest you get your self a mentor and a good society. Advice from experience players will save you from common mistakes. The reward for finishing disciple program is some very useful armour for when you have skilled up a little.

3. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Most money that you will need during your starting period, will be used by you as your "buffer" to accumulate your hunting loot. And you will be able to keep your regular activity without waiting while your loot will be sold (TT'ing loot not best option).

After collecting large enough stack you will be able to sell it on Auction (for small stacks Auction fees will "eat" all or near all of your potential profit).

4. Kyriel

Kyriel New Member

thanks guys this is just the kinda stuff i wanted to know.

5. Berentain

Berentain Member

This game is unlike other mmo, you need to be efficient to not lose too much money. You need to consider many things like: your hp, your skill lvl, defense skill, fap, gun type, tagger, dps, armors, mob's hp & regen, mob's attack type.
    If you are serious then maybe consider chipping a small amount of skills so you can use guns with max sib. Only use SIB guns that you are maxed or close to it. When it's not max, you lose a bit of ped to miss shots and lower dmg.
    For mobs, start small with 100 to 300hp until you gain enough skills or feel comfortable to move up. If you use proper range dps weapon then u should be able to hunt those mobs naked.
    For 500hp+ you would need armors. 2 sets of armors is all that you need to hunt majority of the mobs. 1st is your adj. pixie that you get free from graduating. 2nd set is up to you to choose; nemesis, boar, bear, ghost, jarhead or (L) armors.. etc
    With the armors you will need 2 sets of plates; 5b for close, 6a for range (bots).
    From personal experience, 300hp mob you would need at least 1k ped to cycle and it rises as you hunt higher hp mobs.

I hope that helps.

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

I started only using a BLP rifle and skilled up to 10 with it, but the ammo burn is costly. I read somewhere here on the forum that using a BLP rifle to pull the mob, then finishing with a laser pistol would be more economical. So I decided to try it, and wow what a difference in my ammo costs! So I guess my best advice would be to read, read, and read some more on this forum because the information that you get on here is the best investment you can make in EU in my opinion!