1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A simple tip (money related)

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Kinnison, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Entropia is a real cash based game, right? It's also fairly well known that there is a fee for depositing into Entropia; 5% IIRC, meaning that (for example) if you put 10 USD into the game you only get 95 PED, woth $9.50.

All well known. However, I had a lightbulb moment recently. The tip only works if you are prepared to accept some loss of flexibility, and only really works if you are mostly mining or hunting at the moment.

It's simply this: Instead of depositing, buy universal ammo in the webshop. You get full value for that, at the cost of not being able to get the money out again. In fact, slightly more than full value; I just looked, and along with the ammo you get H-DNA and autoloot pills. The latter can be sold back to the TT; not sure about the H-DNA.

This might have been mentioned before, but I haven't time to trawl the forums. :)

2. San

San Well-Known Member

• Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  3. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

there isn't a fee for depositing in general, it depends on your depositing method.

its like 3.5% for credit card and paypal, and even 10% on paysafecard, but 0% on EU bank transfer.

ofc mindark likes to make it extra difficult, because buying an ammopack with paypal in webshop doesn't have a fee, but depositing with paypal for ped does. and ofc they don't state the fees percentage anywhere, you can only calculate yourself by comparing the different depositing methods and the ped amounts you would receive. and finally, the depositing methods are different on account website and in webshop, makes sense huh?

i know it's all a bit mindarked, you better get used to it! :biggrin2:

4. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

Thee fee on bank transfers is still there, at least if you are in the US... they call it an international fee or something like that.

5. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

yes, for international bank transfers you gotta pay a fee to both the sending and the receiving bank.