1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Proper Mining Map of All Resources in Planet Arkadia is Needed...

Discussion in 'Mining' started by raynopssgold, Jan 14, 2011.

1. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Lol don't mistake the fun for discovering the areas with the stupidity of not using available resources :)

2. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

LOl Well said? :p

3. Telgard

Telgard Member

I understand that this is about posting pics of a resource map of the planet outside of game whether it be on the forums or on some outside guides. I'd like to ask since people are already going to probably end up making these maps.. Why can't the developers just make a fog-of-war type resource map in-game that slowly uncovers resources for an area as you find them in-game? Just curious.. sorry this my first post on this forum but I wanted to throw my 2 pec out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Calin

Calin Member

I create and use my own personal maps. I'll share locations on some resources with friends, but not with the masses.

What I'd really like is some nice maps from the developers with grid lines and coords that can be printed out to make notes on. I think a seperate map for each server area would be great.

Maybe even a high res full-world map from the developers that could be printed on a large format printer to be used as a map, poster, etc.

5. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I think that a lot of miners would not like this. A lot find their own "secret" spots that they like, and take pride in knowing areas with good resources that no one else does. Displaying the resources everywhere on the planet for everyone to see would cut out the exploring and excitement of finding out yourself what resource can be mined in what spots.

This would be nice :)

6. Telgard

Telgard Member

I'm talking about individual fog-of-war maps. Areas are cut in to land areas, servers, counties, kingdoms or what ever is supposed to seperate land areas and then as you find stuff in that area a subcategorized list that pops down will tell you what you have found on that area.

Basically it could be an app for your in-game device that carries your map, missions, achievements, and friends. The app could be something that is purchasable from Arkadia and added as an attachment to your regular map app.

7. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Oh, just for individuals to see what resources are where! I do like that idea :) It would be a lot easier to track things if they were done automatically.

Good idea :)

I think it would be nice if it was free though ;)

8. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

Well said, guys. Keep the ideas coming in... :)

9. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

When talking of mining on Arkadia, we cannot leave out the Treasure claims/finds

Ores/Enmatters are one thing, but who's willing to share where to find and with what, when it comes to Treasures?

Will Treasure-finds even follow same logic as ores/enmatters what comes finding them? Or are they always Out-Of-Ordinary finds + not tied up to some area/location, but rather trickered by miners skills and some finders get different Treasure-findings than others...

Lots of open questions about this Treasure-option while mining and most are willing to give some advice for noob-miners where to start, but how many will help out fellow miner to find Treasures the same way?

Also, what's the use of these Treasure-finds? Usable for crafters or some other unknown Arkadian profession altogether? That influences Treasure-findings markup/demand also.

I guess there's no other way to find out, than just wait and see what this Treasure-hunting actually turns out to be...

Some Treasures might be found only at some give time and never again or be limited in amount of finds or quantity.

Ores and Enmatter finds... sure, I can share some of those, but Treasures.. have to wait and see ;)

-- Hyssch --

10. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Sharing locations with stuff that has markup will make that stuff not have that much markup anymore. So I do hope a map with resources will be made available as late as possible. Mining is all about having the information and using it. Not about dropping bombs. If you take that out of the game, you lose the most important aspect of game play. One should know how and where to explore. And info about how to do it is all over the place on forum.

11. Telgard

Telgard Member

That depends on how treasure claims and finds work.. so, if it is like Ores/Enmatters, I'm sure people will share there finds. If it is rare, and irregular...then there is a chance that sharing info might not be of much use.

I'm voting that it'll be similar to mining for ores and enmatters.

Can't help out a noob treasure hunter until experience treasure hunters are established. plus.. treasure hunting is probably going to be expensive so... noob-miners probably should start as treasure hunters.

We'll see what treasure hunting is when we get it... but there is a good chance that the MU is going to be high and that some treasure will be used for BPs.

12. Stagger

Stagger Member

let's say it's not desperatly nessecary
    but it might prove usefull to many of us ;)

13. migotka

migotka Member

14. isclay

isclay Active Member

Yes...I think this is important to have. I remember when I first joined EU...those maps were such great guide to my adventure. I still have the older ones, the old ones and more recent ones.

Let's get the maps for sure!