1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A post VU David Dobson Chat:

Discussion in 'Normandie Radio' started by isclay, Mar 16, 2013.

1. isclay

isclay Active Member

A BIG VU has happened...And Dave will be here with us to speak on it. Tomorrow 1800 MA time. Have a listen...This is the best information a player can get!

Come one, Come all! Arkadian's, Entropian's and Fellow Radio Heads alike!

Please post your questions and comments...all are welcome!

:hail:Stay Beautiful!:hail:
    ~Isc~

2. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Will be great to hear from the boss man himself and hear his views on the new VU ..

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

The Broker content is great for a player at my level but I'm wondering about future items available for lower level players. A number of players have told me they would like to spend their arkoins instead of sell them but there isnt really anything except for clothes. Can David tell us anything about the expected frequency of change in broker contents and the sorts of gear that might be available for low to mid level players?

4. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Finally! A word from Dave. Geez, the guy NEVER does interviews. :p

Looking forward to hearing the after thoughts.

5. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

Question:
    Was on my way to check out the new Event System on Arkadia and so checked out Areas listed in Eventlist. Normaly, when clicking the location button for different areas, the map pops up with a marker set on claimmarker, where you are able to set up an event. All Areas listed at Sanctuary showing same coords with a marker on map, but there is no claimmarker to setup an event at this coords. Have not checked every single other area, but would like to know if the event system is really up and running, or if there are some known bugs someone is working on.

6. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

This is happening in a little over 4 hours at Celeste Quarry, and I'm already positioned there to pop in at event time. These interviews are always informative, and I love that Dave gives us pre and post discussions.

This recent Update is said to be the most important since Arkadia's launch, and I'm really interested in hearing Dave's thoughts on the after effects and where we go from here.

I just love that Arkadia keeps us in the know - I think it's quite critical that a PP do.

7. Cobra

Cobra Active Member

is ther coming more prices to the trassuer hunt fromout site world you can yous in RL
    ming trassuers ar dam funy when you never know what you hit and get sum nice new toys and so

so hop ther com more RL sponser things in to it

8. Danton

Have listend to the interview and think it is a good idea to make more clear what I was talking about, so quoting myself :)

View attachment 6956

All Areas, starting from Lightning coast down the list are pointing to the marker shown in next pic:

View attachment 6957

If you go there, you'll find nothing. So my question was, if are all Areas listed in Eventlist are ready for creating events or if there are some bugs the A-team knows about. Hope it is a bit more clear what I was talking about :)

9. isclay

isclay Active Member

Hi All -

The interview is posted at our website under LIVE INTERVIEWS - It was an interesting and informative interview. Have a listen! :cool:

Thanks as always to everyone who tuned in live and to our NR Radio Staff for outstanding support! And thanks to David for his time and efforts!

Cheers -

Isc

10. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Sorry that I miss out today! RL stuff had me stuck offline all day! GREAT UPDATE BTW A-Team and I can't wait to listen to the interview!!

BTW, Two points:

1. Need my Cape
    2. Need my Hoverpod MK3 back as it was.

Other than that, loving the planet!!

11. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

This does look like a bug because there is no terminal in the location shown on the map. For LA's you need to go to the LA marker in order to host events on them and the location does not seem to be shown correctly on the map. Note that the LA owner must have set the option to allow public event creations in order to host events on their land. If it is not set you will have to contact the LA owner to host an event on their LA.

12. Danton

Thx Chris for quick answer and telling us that the system should work like everywhere else. That's what I have thought and why I was confused about what the map tells me :)

Cu
    -Ron