1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A concern about self-sufficiency killing economy

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Siersty, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Not sure how comprehensive, but check out Emma's website. There's a lot of info on clothes, textures, paints, etc.

On the topic of clothes, I'd like to see a sort of a dressing room. Ideally, you would be able to choose any clothing item, with any texture and/or paint, but it could be as simple as a button on the item info page that would let you see how your avatar looks when wearing a specific piece of clothing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

For a list of clothes and their TT values and an approximate MU, check entropedia.info, sort by TT. http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Clothes

Obviously customized clothing will vary widely in markup, but a lot of the lower TT stuff isn't customizable.

3. King-Pin

King-Pin Member

there is no solution lol the game demands money to play mindark are greedy as fuck and if you ever get something like a tower just take it right out of the game or they will rape that tower or hof a week or two later in fact if you hit big keep going milk what you can but i would recommend cashing out within a week of the hof.

that's if your in it for the money i wasn't i just wanted nice armor and guns and got well and trueley butt raped trying to make that dream come true.

• Old Old x 1
  4. Siersty

Siersty Member

King-Pin, this isn't topic about loot or striking a steak of luck, it's about economy aspect of the game and how to make it better between players or with introduction of new fun things to do. Please stay on topic. Ty :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Karmic Natures

Karmic Natures Member

You can be self sufficient at the cost of efficiency. your UL armor decays more than (L) armor you can buy from other players that looted it and don't want it. Same thing with mining, you can mine unamped or buy amps made by other players for a cost much less than skilling up and crafting them yourself. Sure, if you want to hunt punies and low level mobs forever you can do that without interacting much with the economy, and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you want to move up higher it's going to be more difficult to do so without buying and selling things from other players.

There definitely should be more player made eco weapons and more uses for a lot of old materials. I'm hoping that some of it will be used in space expansion. If they take nanocubes out of the TT and make them crafting loot like residue that might help, but currently it doesn't seem like many people are making weapons even at no markup to residue. I'd use crafted (L) armors but there are very few people that can make good enough (L) armor at a price that makes sense. It could use some work but your experience is very different from higher level players that buy things like enhancers by the bucketload.

6. King-Pin

King-Pin Member

I was not talking about luck i spent like 5 years grinding my ass off for that tower and deposited like 20k ped all i am saying is don't have too much faith in the game and if you do get lucky quit for at least 3 months otherwise you will get cleaned out.

becoming eco will result in MA giving you eco loot in the end you get the same.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  7. Siersty

Siersty Member

Again, not a loot thread. >.<

Anyways, back on topic and possible introduction of some fun crafted things. What about hybrid type weapons? Couple of suggestions : "Oratan Rider Spear" (or "Oratan Boom Stick" xD) a 2h weapon longblade (or club) that uses longblade (or club) levels for Hit but Explosive Weapons for Damage requirements. Could be a crafted L weapon that does melee AoE per hit and either uses explosive projectiles to fill up weapon TT instead of residue or be a melee weapon that uses explosives as ammo. And BPs for respected levels of this weapon could then be looted in oratan wave events or underground dungeons maybe? :) Another suggestion (not one of mine) could be a plasma-melee hybrid like a plasma cutting torch that also uses ammo but uses melee levels for Hit and plasma levels for Damage requirements.

Also an idea for mindforce chips, to add a bit to whole caster - technomancer feeling, using special rods or scepters to create different animations for mindforce attacks (like a thunder strike instead of ball of electricity if you use Electric chip) and ofc those rods/scepters would be crafted. This is a purely cosmetic idea tho :)

Another cosmetic type idea : a mission that would allow players to perform different animations while attacking and those missions could require some crafted L weapons and doing something with them, sort of like target practice, for example : to unlock a crouching stance shooting with a rifle you would need to reach level 30 in any rifle, talk to certain npc to get a training mission then with a specific rifle (either blp or laser depending what you reached in rifles) kill 100 enemies (for example Navi) in a crouching stance. And after completing the mission you get an unlocked button in Action library to toggle Crouching stance while shooting a rifle. This is just an example and missions could be done for all melee and guns and rifle weapons :) I'd love to see some melee animations added personally, even if it took some ped spent to unlock it. :)

Another more dynamic daily mission idea could be to get a daily mission to kill 300 mobs, from any you have finished stage 4 or 5 up to this point. There could also be a mining for specific treasure (five or ten claims of "insert treasure name") or crafting specific item TYPE (tool, texture, clothing, weapon etc) daily mission of this type, where all these missions award some sort of token, which could then be used for something crazy cool, but cosmetic again. An idea that comes to mind would be a 500 tokens for a jacket or a coat that shows of what mission chains you completed, in form of stripes or medals.

So that's a bunch of suggestions for today, that could potentially use up resources and increase trades of certain things :)

And again thanks everyone for interest in the topic (and staying on topic) :)

8. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Renting system is not going to happen. It will lead to huge increase in prices for the rarer items as those with spare peds will just buy up everything they can so they can rent them out for peds.

You dont want a handful of the richer players owning most of the good stuff.

9. Ahrotahn

Ahrotahn Member

At the risk of necroing this thread (it's less than 6 months old and contains points I have recently made in Rookie/Planet/Society channels), I wanted to see if there is any movement on this stuff.

I've played for a very short time, just over 2 weeks in fact. I cycle a good amount of PED for my age and have sold a good amount of loot.

Problem 1: Abundant drops of limited weapons/items.

I haven't killed much compared to most, so getting 3 different Skildeks was cool because I could sell for a small amount of bonus PED/PEC. This does help a hunter when the velocity of PED is so low due to crafting not being as important at lower levels. It's simply not viable at lower levels for most items it seems like. Maybe things like welding wire that people use to level crafting to where it is viable.

When you have items that drop so often as Kung Fu pointed out, it severely undermines crafters. Especially when the looted items are better/much better than crafted. As primarily a hunter in other games (mostly for hire collecting items high end crafters needed), I am used to getting materials and selling them through direct trade rather than Auctions. But I usually "horse-traded" with those same crafters or bought from them. Even lower level mobs dropped items that were useful for higher level crafting, even if just for some of the smaller components. Since there are no real "material qualities" in the EU though, it makes it a bit harder to craft "better" items. Items are just the same if they are crafted with success, and price/MU on acquired goods is the only difference maker usually.

Problem 2: Fashion

I started on Calypso with the ugly yellow-orange outfit. I tried to find "cheap" options to look slightly less ridiculous, and finally spent like 7 PED and 55 orange paint cans (a great deal) to get an orange shirt and some pants so I didn't run around in my undies. Yes vanity item. But it took a small, new crafter like 20 PED of mats to make those because they were new. And you can't auction the stuff because of the ludicrous auction fees (will discuss at the end).

Problem 3: What the PEC!

A major issue in this game is the velocity of PED. Yes people are hunting and looting. Yes most people are hunters. But the ploy to pay 1 PED per auction is clearly nothing but a money grab by MA. There is no reason the Auctions couldn't be based on some small % of the value of the items/stack being sold. As a new player on Caly I did sell probably 100 PED of stuff, which is a lot for someone with a 1-2 dmg gun to start. I looted 1 Dmg amp, which was so cheap in value that it barely sold on the Auction house (the MV wasn't realistic because the 1 PED charge). I looted 3 Skildek Launchers, which again, are so cheap that they barely sell on the AH. All of the rest were what would, on any other game, be materials for crafters.

The problem was that unless I hunted non-stop as a new player for weeks, I would never have enough materials to make more than TT value after the AH costs. New players depend the most on the velocity of PED, and it's part of what makes the game exciting.

So fixes:

Help crafters out by introducing new items that even in small increments exceed what can be looted. High end mobs would still drop high end weapons, but also drop high end materials to craft even better weapons/armor/clothes/vehicles/whatever.

Mobs should drop more materials and less (L) loot. At face value this sucks because its "harder" to sell, so that leads to the next point.

AH fees should be item sale based only. Perhaps 1%, Perhaps 2%. That way MU is always 101-102% (or whatever %) and there is an established cost for selling. This would help stabilize prices as people clearly can't wait months to sell a single stack. These fees alone would exceed what MA is already withdrawing.

Never gonna happen, but it would be great to see some version of "item quality" that would be attributed to component quality and final product quality. Maybe an animal hide has high resitance to whatever, and the higher lvl mob, the higher level the resistance is available. So higher level hunters can sell to higher level crafters and make a true economy based on value rather than TT with MU. If Star Wars Galaxies could do this 15 years ago, there's no reason MA can't do it today. Even if to some small extent.

There are obviously lots of folks with LOTS more experience, but to keep surviving this game has to get new players. The new player missions help a ton. But changing the crafting/economy will do a ton to help with new players including retention, and make hunters/crafters much less jaded. Just a couple of ideas.