1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Big Problem

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Moosee, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Moosee

Moosee Member

I have only been on arkadia for 2 days now, but i have already seen a big issue.

If u cehck the auction some ores etc are 30-40% more expensive on arkadia then the daily MU. This aint good at all.
    Especially for crafters, why would a crafter go to arkadia for example when its much cheaper to craft on calypso?
    And no wonder that most auctions have been out for several days, its just to expensive.

ok, i understand that some materials are more rare on arkadia then on calypso, ex muscle oil.

But still, if we want more ppl to come to arkadia, we have to stop this crazy prices.

Well, many of u know that im a trader, and the daily mu:s will decide my prices when i buy or sale.

My opinion is that we all ned to help out, and this is one way to do it.

Feel free to comment.

/Moose

2. Zodiac

Zodiac New Member

I have to admit the prices are pretty high and should lower to atleast weekly MU. I guess the only way to achieve this is by not buying their items for sale.

3. Moosee

Moosee Member

100% - 120% = -3% to -4%
    120% - 135% = -4% to -5%
    135% - 145% = -5%
    145% - ???% = depends on item

there u have my prices

But lets say an item is for 140% in daily mu, and there is auction on it for 130%, ofc i dont buy it for the Daily 140% then. that would be a straight loss for me.

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

People are charging prices that others are willing to pay. Answer is to stop buying at those prices and then the prices will come down. But somethings are genuinely rare, eg muscle oil. I would like to be crafting with muscle oil but I have had to stop. it just doesnt make sense for me to craft at my lvl and take such a loss.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Moose, I agree with you about it being a deterrent to crafters. We do have price gougers here, but I think the main problem is that we actually have a lack of miners putting things on the market. It's supply and demand -- i mine for high markup ores (the ones in demand), so I can make peds. I can't keep up with the demand. I put veda on auction and its snapped up at 150%. Am I being greedy by selling it so high? maybe, but I guess I'd rather have my limited supplies go to crafters who are most desperate for it than to some reseller (and put my profits back into mining).

I encourage crafters to go the quarry and the firebase academies and start recruiting new miners. Train them, hire them, tell them where to mine for what you need and to go back every day or so for more. Take a break from crafting and do some mining yourselves. It's a frontier planet, everybody has to be flexible for a while.

A couple other points: part of the reason you're only seeing extreme MU items on auction... the reasonably-priced listings have all sold, and only the undesirable ones are left. It's not like Caly where even high demand items are still plentiful on the market. Also, the MU (daily, weekly, etc) displayed in the item info window is over all of EU, not specific to Arkadia (AFAIK). Since way more is sold in the Caly market, you're not seeing the real market value of goods on Arkadia. Whether daily MU is actually the real market value on a small economy planet is another question altogether. Hopefully MA will fix it and make the MUs planet-specific.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moosee

Moosee Member

i agree with u in some parts.

i cant argue about the veda, kaz etc ores/enmatters since they only can be found on arkadia. So theese prices are right in my opinion.

7. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Another reason for some items being really expensive is that they simply aren't dropping enough on Arkadia - muscle oil is a glaring example. This particular resource is a really big problem, because most if not all of the oiled boards require it so it's crippling the furniture crafters. This combines very badly with the vast amount of wood arkadia mobs drop, too. There is far too much TT food loot here, IMHO.

8. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Yup, simply don't buy them. You can take it a step further and note who the seller(s) are and put 'em on a "no buy" list as well.
    That's what I do, tho me and my pedcard won't make or break anyone, I simply take note of these players and will never buy from them in person or on auc. And I do buy from auc quite a bit.
    I also have a small network and also let these players know about the gougers and encourage them not to buy from them as well - but it's up to whoever if they want to buy....

Unless it's a small lot/single stackable or a new niche there's no reason for anyone to buy that much over MU.
    Just be patient and let them run out and waste auc fees, there's plenty of materials on Ark.

One thing that is oddly not used enough is the forum trade section.
    Post something at fair market there and I'll bet you sell it easily.

I am "usually" a buyer, but every now and then i sell. I posted a nice gun for a nice price (below MU 'cause I am like that :D ) and it was sold within hours. Sure, it took a day for me to meet and trade the buyer but I am never in a hurry.
    :)

http://www.arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?2306-Herman-CAP-404-Dessert-%28L%29-under-MU&p=24182#post24182

So again, if you don't like these silly MU's, don't cave in and say "ferk it, I want that..." and buy because you'l just prolong and encourage hi MU.

Hey, this is a new planet so there is no Twins 24/7.
    Hang out and get to know the players and who buys/sells what at fair prices and who doesn't. Take notes on their timeslots and prices/tendencies and pass the info.

I've seen Moose here and on Caly. You won't get a killer deal but from what I have noticed, you'll get a fair deal and that's all both sides should strive for.

Again, only buy for a fair deal - the materials ain't going anywhere.
    :)

Yea, this is one of several oddities. Dr. Dobson is aware but for the life of me i simply cannot fathom how MA could UNITENTIONALLY not exclude this (and several other universal loots) from Arkadia's loot pool.
    Heard it had something to do with the mob's stats but I call BS on MA if that was their reasoning.
    There's WAY too many similar mobs on Caly that drop these loots, PLUS there's a HELLA wide range of Caly mobs that drop the same loot that is mysteriously not included in Ark mob loot.
    Taking Muscle Oil for a prime example;
    A few Muscle oil very often drops on Caly:

• Chirpy drops it
    • Berycled puny+ drops it
    • Combibo young+ drops it
    • Armax young+ drops it
    • Foul young+ drops it
    • Snarksnot/Snablesnot young+ drops it
    • Allophyl young+ drops it
    • TskTsk young+ drops it
    • Mollisk young+ drops it
    • Proteron young+ drops it
    • Araneatrox young+ drops it
    And many, many more.
    Look at the range of mobs there, and MA says that somehow only the Ark mob Jori has the stats that will drop Muscle Oil?
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    That's BULLSHIT.

Dave you are a better person than I for taking this in stride, at least pubicly.
    Tell MA to quit fucking with your planet and put in the paints, extractors, oils and all the other universal loots PRONTO!

Hmmm...Wow, i went off topic there!
    Coffee must be working.
    :D

So uh yea...Anyway, don't buy over MU.
    :p

Tippin'

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neil

Have to disagree with you on that point. When common ores like ospra and veda are listed at 150% and snapped up in less than an hour, it means there's simply not enough. I think it's partly all the extra hunters. So, there are some ore shortages on Ark now (more miners!).

10. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

Supply & demand guys ... I was not happy either payin 170% for wenrex but hey, as long as there's short supply few ppl can decide the price. Playin trader on Ark atm is ... well... not a very good idea imho :) might look like a trader has good option to profit but thing is he'll fully depend on the few crafter's mood ... had not once items goin for 120-130% returning from AH after 7 days or gettin sold at SB (lower than 110%)

In the end, u need more players on Ark, straight and simple ... no matter what they preffer to do, huntin/mining/crafting. When Ark gets close to Caly's no of listings in AH such issues will be mostly solved ;)

11. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

aj502, two mobs you missed out are small faucervix and small cornundacauda (sp?) both of which drop large amounts of muscle oil and are fairly easy to kill. As you say, mobs of similar difficulty drop none of this stuff on Arkadia. And of course, the really easy mobs that do drop muscle oil drop tiny amounts.

There are a couple of components where we have this problem, too. In my paranoid moments, I suspect that MA see Arkadia as the worst competition to Calypso so they are doing a bit of sabotage...

12. aj502

Oh there's plenty of mob I left out, from easy to kill to difficult.
    Hey, whatever the reason(s), it definately on MA, definately a serious glitch, definately can't be hard to patch and they DEFINATELY don't seem to be in any hurry to stop fucking with Arkadia.

Tippin'

13. aj502

Actually it seems you WERE happy with it, otherwise you wouldn't have paid that price, eh?

You're just keeping the price up, I mean would your game end if you couldn't get those ores right then and there?

Tippin'

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neil

Since price fixing (where competing sellers agree to keep a price unnaturally high or low) is now against the ToU, we shouldn't really be encouraging the community as a whole to buy or sell at a price different from what each buyer/seller pair considers fair according to the principles of supply and demand.

That means if you don't like the high prices of an ore, your only recourse is to go out and personally work to increase the supply or decrease the demand.