1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 months of mining, the results of 57K TT turnover with level 5 (L) amps

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Fallen, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Fallen

Fallen Member

i thought i would share the results of my mining with level 5 amps over the last three months, i do this because this kind of data is not often shared, about 2/3 of this is mining on arkadia, the rest on other planets. i excluded the tower i got right at the start of logging this data so as not to skew the results too much. i was lucky to get a few other really nice claims so the TT result are higher than expected long term, the results do show the importance of targeting areas with a decent average markup. the costs are decay on equipment but excluding armour decay and vehicle oil use, MV was calculated using http://www.entropiabay.com/invcalc.asp. travel costs are from selling shared resources on calypso and buying amps there.
    this data was collected from 06-07-2012 up to 09-10-1012.

first 3 months results

TT out = 57438.32 PED
    MV out = 3549.11 PED 6.18% of TT out
    total out = 60987.43 PED

TT in = 64620.87 PED 105.96% of TT out
    MV in = 12923.79 PED 20% of TT in
    total in = 77544.66 PED 127.15% return

costs = 853.66 PED
    MV costs = 132.53 PED 15.53%
    travel = 386 PED
    total costs = 1239.66 2.16% of TT out
    NET PROFIT 15334.47 PED 125.14% return

gl everyone! :)

2. Archman

Archman Member

Can we get your mining profession standings?

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Very impressive results, good work!

But as a long time miner i do frown on miners using vehicles, it takes the charm from mining in my opinion (geesh i'm an old avatar....)

4. Fallen

Fallen Member

sure np, bit of a noob to be honest, i used to hunt and drop while hunting for most of my time in entropia :p
    im lvl 34 prospecting/surveyor, most of these drops were with the tk220, i did use a emine FS some of the time when also doing treasure mining as my prof standing is a lot lower for that and the emine FS is maxed at a much lower level.

ty :)
    and heh, funny you say that but when they first arrived i hated the idea of vehicles, only started to use them when i last returned from a long break but now im so used to vtol mining its hard to go back. i wouldnt dare call myself a old timer but ive been around on and off since late 2006.

5. dejan0

dejan0 New Member

good to see someone get profit

6. Fallen

Fallen Member

heh, i think there are more people that profit, but its a sensitive subject, so most are reluctant to share those results, i probably even feel a little guilty sometimes, part of the reason i can be so critical of things i see that are wrong with the universe.
    i should also be clear that this only a moment in time, the TT profit i had during this period is not something i have constantly experienced in the past, or currently for that matter. what saves me is my focus on markup and keeping up to date with the changing demand for resources. with 120% average markup and 90% TT return i am just about breaking even after costs.

7. dejan0

dejan0 New Member

try to talk more with miners you will see how most are in big loss

8. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Maybe you should talk more to miners? All miners can easily profit in the long run. There are however some gamblers, inexperienced miners and non-miners that drop probes without thinking that can loose peds.

9. Ash Blankstone

Ash Blankstone Member

When I mine I mine smart like he mentioned mine in areas with MU or else there is not going to be a good return. Dropping a few probes will not get you results either.

Though my peds are not as many as yours by a long shot, I easily am able to smartly recycle my peds mining with no problem.

10. rastamannen

rastamannen Member

I think most people see "Big miners" as those people that use amps and mine on FOMA and HELL and that my friend is gambling.
    I think there are quite a few miners that are really hardcore but doesnt use big amps, they live on markup.
    Nice to see that you are doing well m8 :) I had some serious problems to adapt to vehicles as well hehe, now i cant mine without it. Just keep doing what you are doing and for myself i will try not doing what im doing :D
    Im gonna lay low for a while and focus on the other RCE game, its getting close now.

11. duo maxwell

duo maxwell Member

thats awesome results just from mining. gz. im still havin troubles with mining with low returns for gmc so im still tryin to learn, review and do my homework for better returns. ty for the info

12. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

I agree miners that stay away from the gamble areas like FOMA or Hell and know how to properly mine can easily make profit even when at tt loss.