1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25 Aakas 7 key runs

Discussion in 'Instances' started by Lizzy, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

So, I've been crafting and ended up with 30 Aakas 7 keys. Instead of selling I made the choice to try and run them all in about less than a week due to an incoming holiday.

Because to the crash and failure to record anything I decided to take 25 out of the 26 keys I have left, and do some recorded farming.

Details : Full TT key, runs cost approximated 850 peds, Jarhead + 5B's and Svempa X1 with Beast, S.I.H.E.A.R.T. and Regen 6 for boss healing - and I kill everything that moves.

Current Losses : None, and I don't want/need to know. Doing this for fun.

Runs done : 3/25

Special loot : None. If any, details will be posted blow.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Run 1
    Instead of a screenshot of this, since I can't seem to upload any pictures somehow, you get this;

[video=youtube;oRAIQYOTgSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRAIQYOTgSo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

3. The Jetman

The Jetman Member

gl with this, would be interesting to know the average time it takes to run and the kind of mobs in there

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

The average time for me is 1,5 hours with my current setup.

Mobs; Mostly aakas defenders and sentinels, then magurg male, some ubo's and 5-6 Yarrijak.

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Results of Run #2

[video=youtube;YHRNd96lYdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRNd96lYdQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

6. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Run #3

[video=youtube;yfC2OjRfALs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfC2OjRfALs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

7. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Good luck with the Keys, hope you find something nice. :)

8. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Run 4

[video=youtube;yXlUij8en0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXlUij8en0o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

9. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

The runs are being postponed for a little as I don't think 25 keys is enough to test properly for positive returns after reading multiple forum posts from other players.

I will return to testing in a while, and aim for 50 keys, if not more. Time for me to gather more resources.

I have also sold the inner ring that I looted, but I am concidering saving all my golden key parts from now on to maybe one day do the golden key.

10. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

each of the 10 different instances loot a unique part needed for the golden key. So if you want to do a golden key, you'll have to do the other instances as well (or buy the parts).

11. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I already suspected such a thing, thank you for the information - there might be other people not fully aware of that.

I am able to make key's 1,2,4 and 7 myself. So those are covered. And I know I will have too run a good number of each to make this golden key eventually, the sweat shouldn't be hard to obtain. But for now, preparations will be in progress to do a ton of level 7's.

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Hmmmm, Lizzy I might have a proposition for you as I have a shedload of keys in my storage and no time to run them myself so they are just going to waste. I'll PM you when I have a chance to login and list what I've got.

13. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

They may do better when you don't try to run them all in a marathon session, seem to give better results when spread out a bit.

14. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I have been concidering that too Neil, also because I don't think I can do 5+ runs in aakas 7 a day, which each take up to 1,5 hours to do. I might be better off testing aakas 1 and 2 at first with a ton of keys, as I also still need to finish the Rakta and Yarrijak missions. One is at stage 4 and the other at stage 5.
    All in time, I'm still on my holiday, once I get back I'll look some more into running aakas for myself.

15. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

are we going to see another Land Area Purchased ;) just think of all those arkoins that will come ;)

Mind you there are also some nice items from the arkoin broker as well ;)

Good Luck with this and looking forward to viewing and checking the results ;) I really hope you find some nice items.

16. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Well, I am not planning to aim for an LA. I have been selling a lot of the arkoins I have looted. Mostly because I cannot have the 150k ped stuck in Arkoins, unless I can loan enough at the bank or win something nice in the lottery very very soon.

All I know I will not sell (if I loot them) are the UNL MF chips, untill I won't need them anymore. The golden key parts, because I am aiming to own a DKoA set - which will probably take quite some time to obtain. Also, I will collect/keep some of the other UNL melee weapons that are around or higher than my current melee skills.

I know there are a few players ingame more interrested in the Arkoins than I am. I might only pick up the clothing set from the Arkoins, and maybe later on one of those rifles for range-pulling if I deem it neccesary.

FYI : I am happy to run Aakas for other players, but only if said players are willing to let me 'buy' any of the UNL items and golden key parts for TT or slight profit depending MU. (PM me :D)

17. supajosh

supajosh Member

Its nice to have a fellow instance runner, but as someone that has personally ran literally hundreds of keys now , and successfully collected everything i need for 6 golden key clicks bar two god dam interfaces ( from key 5) I can happily tell you the instances are NOT DESIGNED to ever make profit ( OR BREAK EVEN) in the long term. you will NEVER make break even with tt , in fact each run is always a tt loss ( except 1 in 1000 boxes where you get a box multiplier and come out a few hundred + ). Instances are designed in a fashion to take a tt loss in return for a half decent chance at something nice and UL . In reality no matter what you loot , UL chips Duneraider. UL swords, you always end up losing your ass .

To give you a rough idea, to run as many keys as required to loot enough parts for the 6 golden key click attempts cost me just under 30k peds. so as you can imagine i will be praying for a few successful keys. ( this loss includes looting multiple of all above named items even when sold for mu)

Good luck on your mission though , I calculated that if arkoins had a MU of roughly 125% then you could break even running keys , until that point basically expect the tt loss of the cost of the key + mu

I hope somehow your tests prove me wrong as there really needs to be more instance runners. I believe they were designed as an integral part of arkadia and im afraid to say they are currently dead. Bring back the good items in the arkoin broker and we will see a much healthier desire to run them and hopefully more cool stuff being looted as a result.

(And just a side note for anyone that zooms off to check entropia live to see how many ive ran , there are many many listed on there but not anywhere near as many as i have done as the vast majority of the time to speed up the process i try and do the keys in teams and ofcourse teammate naturally loot boxes too . )

18. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I agree with this... not perseus (I enjoy the current frakite markup too much) but something else awesome that brings more demand for arkoins.