World of FirePower (WOF) 2012 - Team Australia

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by KikkiJikki, Mar 13, 2012.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

( NB posting in EU section cos I couldnt find Other Planets - forum mods please feel free to relocate this)

WOF is an annual event traditionally held on Planet Calypso. Countries form teams and compete in a series of hunts where points are awarded based on globals on specific mobs. It all culminates in a grand final between 3 teams. There are a lot of Aussies on Arkadia so I thought I would put out a general recruitment call here.

You don't have to be uber to compete. There's a role for everyone who wants to join in. Apart from the main team, there can be any number of support teams hunting nominated smaller mobs. Indeed it is often the support team effort that determines the winner of an event. You don't have to hunt. Fappers are welcome. You can also tag mobs or gather. I spent a lot of of time hunting cornacaudas which are not tough at all.

Be aware that we expect all rounds to be conducted on Calypso. But if travel is a problem for you then just ask for help.

I played for the first time last year. Had a ball, gained skills, got to know a lot of new people in my timezone.

If you are interested in joining, we have a section in the private forums section of PCF and you will need to contact DurakJung to get access. If you just want to know a little more before you go to that effort then feel free to pm me here and I will do my best to answer.

Now for all you non-aussies out there, I am sure your own countries' teams would love to have you. Check out the WOF section on PCF and you will probably find some relevant contacts. You also have the option of forming an Arkadian team. There are already Calypso continental teams so a planetary team makes a lot of sense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

No need, you put it in the right place. +rep

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Bumping this recruitment thread. Australia team is looking for more people to join. WOF organiser, Hurricane, now has his internet connection sorted so we're expecting to see a contest schedule come out sometime soonish and we really need to boost our numbers. Please see this thread to sign up.