1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there be PvP on Arkadia?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Max EJ, May 30, 2011.

1. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

Ok, I know there was already a post about PvP on Arkadia even before the planet release, sadly I can't find it.

Now that the planet is out there, all can see that PvP doesn't exist at all on Arkadia.
    I know that many many prefer it that way, and some don't care but there a quite a number of people including myself that love pvp and just have a feeling of something lacking in the planet experience without pvp areas.

I love Arkadia, feels to me very promising planet, very beautiful and all can see how many work has been done. So I'm here not to complain or something, just want to get an answer from the dev team if they consider adding in the future pvp on Arkadia (ofc stuff like the Rig on Calypso or/and Land grabs on Calypso and RT).

Thank you for all the hard work all the A-team :)

p.s. hope your answer will be yes.

2. isclay

isclay Active Member

Although I don't PVP...I've been wonder the same thing.

3. Telgard

Telgard Member

Maybe some PVP in Arkadia's Underground? Along with treasure. :D

4. Stave Petty

Stave Petty Member

I spoke to david in pm about this, and he said that there may be a specific area for it one day, but it wont become a big part of the planet. I for one, like it that way :)

5. Mayana

Mayana Member

Hope this Planet never gets PvP .....there are plenty of other places to pvp on other planets if they want it

6. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

I have the feeling something like the rig is a must for a planet in Entropia. It was always fun when someone sent noobs to the rig and they met a real uber the frist time... ok, doesn#t happen too often these days... still it's nice for a beginner to really try hard to finally reach the rig.

For all the pre-VU 10 players it was a great thing to reach the rig the first time... way better experience than any achievement these days i have to say.

So I vote for: amke a location that is hard to reach for beginners and make it interesting, so every new player wants to see it.

7. Telgard

Telgard Member

So now we have our PVE environment... so... next planet is pure pvp? :D lol

8. Dante

Dante Member

I would like to have some PvP area's.

After all, it's fun shooting all your frustrations out on other people instead of mobs....in a designated area :)

9. Casay

Casay Member

Yes a rig type area would be nice but as it is on Calypso, it's just not the same as it used to be for new players. :(

10. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I would like at least 1 PVP area, even if it is small (to keep it out of the way of people who don't want to PVP). I enjoy PVP excitement!

11. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Arkadia will get PVP. Not sure how soon, possibly August/Sept.

I'm happy to hear suggestions of what you'd like to see in the way of PVP on Arkadia. Rings, zones etc - be creative, anything is possible and we want to do something original on Arkadia with PVP (although we have to work within system limits, but hey, we can try).

12. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Thank you for the update!

My vote is for a PVP without vehicles. Bring it back to the good old days!

13. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I actually like that there is no pvp yet. get ppl there bearings and stuff then make a new pvp area into an event to go with storyline. Plus we dont have the "ooops your in pvp lootable" problem at launch.

14. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

How about a lysterium rig ;)

15. Telgard

Telgard Member

I hear Nexus is rare to mine so... why not have an underground cavern PVP area with an ancient alien device that pumps out nexus...possibly with Oratan surrounding the area similar to the rig. Have a couple of mountable alien gun turrets capable of keeping Oratan at bay but making you an easy target for other players.

16. BlueBoy

BlueBoy New Member

I agree that PvP maybe not should have a big role on this planet... but if it is going to be treasure finding planet, some sort of piracy would fit in nice. :) How I'm not really sure off atm... but prolly some sort smaller "rig" area would be nice. Some sort of treasure island where you can go with a risk of beeing looted. Just don't do the area to big.

/Oz

17. Pogny

Pogny Member

If pvp fit to the planets storyline thats fine to me :)

18. Manny

Manny Member

It would also be fun - and tie in with the storyline - to have small "Training Areas" in the firebases, in the logic of the well known PvP rings. After all, since the revives are finally operational, there's no reason not to use them.

19. TinyDancer

TinyDancer Member

I like this idea as well...or if one could loot the items stored in a vehicle if the vehicle is destroyed.

Said it another post on this and will say it again here...

Sometimes it is ALOT more fun to shoot at something that thinks and reacts (even if they don't loot) rather than mindless mob grinding.

20. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

Any chance of leaving the planet PVP free and making pvp an instanciated thing only? That way the miners won't get annoyed and the FPS would probably be a lot better for the people participating in the PVP instances. Lag kills more avas than PKers :D