1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Planet Arkadia Be The Planet We've Hoped For?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Larkin, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I have started a thread of all the promises stated so that Arkadia Studios can keep track of what they said they will have for launch. Also I wanted to ask a question to everyone on the forum of what they are realistically expecting for launch.

Promises To Be Kept For Launch

- A full planet will be released/economy will be fully ready (missions, BPs, new items and gear for all lvls are implemented)
    - Arkadia will be released before June 30th

What Do You Think Is Realistic For Arkadia's Launch?

For me, I feel that having a working planet up and running with lots to do is what I'm realistically expecting. Missions, treasure hunting, crafting new BPs, hunting new mobs, mining new resources, and looting new items is what I have in mind for launch.

Let's hear everyone's opinion on realistic expectations for launch. Also let me know if I've missed any promises to add to the list at the top of the OP.

2. Rockchick

Rockchick Member

To be honest all I want is for them to keep up with the communication, and keep to their deadlines.... Just keep talking... stuff something up... just keep us informed... We can cope as long as we know what is going on :)

Oh and I want more smilies on the forum ;p

3. Larkin

Very true. Communication is key, and Arkadia Studios has been right on with it so far.

:)

4. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

There is really just one way to find out. :D
    And that can only be done once the option to tp to Arkadia is available. ^^
    That's why I keep pushing to get the release date announcement.

Another promise I think I remember is to have gear of different levels available from the start so not just noobish stuff which would be awesome! :cool:
    However there is a chance I have made that up in my mind so might be good to get it reconfimed by finding an old dev post or getting a new response. But once again the final answer can only be found by shooting arkadian mobs and crafting arkadian BPs because only MA could tell us what we are going to loot and they ain't talkin. :p

5. Calin

Calin Member

I think it will take a little more than this, but not a whole lot. All signs so far tell me that Arkadia is on the right track. If I was one of the other Sci-Fi PP's (Ahhh...calypso...CHOO!) I'd be nervous.

More emotes would be nice too, especially if they are Arkadia themed!!!!!!!!

6. Larkin

To be honest I don't want them to tell us the release date until a day or two before :p

I vaguely remember something about different levels or gear; I would put that under Arkadia being a complete planet :) I'm not sure where/if that post exists but hopefully someone can find it :D

7. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

But... some of need more time than that to plan to take off work. :p

8. Larkin

Oh true :D I think I'll be in the middle of exams (or summer) so I should be good to go :p (other than studying).

9. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

I am very sure they will not start a planet in awful condition like others have done before. Arkadia Crew knows what reaction from community would be the result of such a failure.
    It will start when it is done. Not so sure about the date "...before 30th june...". But that's not a problem if they communicate this to us.

10. Larkin

I'm sure we will be pleasantly surprised with the amount of content available to us on launch day :) I bet they will release before June 30th, but yes as long as communication is maintained with the community, it is all good :D

Added to the promises in OP ;)

11. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

Yes communication is the key.
    As long as players informed of what's going own, they feel that the situation is under control.

And I expect it to be really beautiful planet with a lot of good surprises :)

12. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

No off course it won't be everything we've hoped for. Remember that they are quite a bit behind in experience compared to calypso (and the huge size of calypso). And with every new planet that are huge issues that arrive in the first few weeks (just look at Roctropia/Next Island or VU 10 of calypso).

I do expect that the feedback we will get when stuff is messed up will be a lot better then we are used to, and i do believe there will be a lot of nice missions, and for me that is enough. But it is impossible to get everything we wish for :)

13. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

We will not get everything we wish for I guess (loot and girls and stuff), but that's no problem, there still needs to be stuff to look out for. As long as we get the stuff they promised and if not we at least should get some good reason why it is not there yet. This weekend I read a few more of the stories and I am getting a nice picture of the planet already, so I'm excited !!!

14. Telgard

Telgard Member

LoL...Experience? Look at the team developing Arkadia. Look at the fact that this team could very easily have a log of Entropia's errors / community issues.

My two cent: Competition promotes growth and development.

15. Larkin

Exactly what I was thinking lol.

16. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I am so far impressed with what the Team here is putting out to the public. It has kept me entertained and excited for launch day. I am a realist and I know the game is limted (AKA Gimped) by the platform devs and the corporation greed but i know the game mechanics and the play it entails is and can be even more incredible.

What I hope to see opening day is a new look to make me feel like a 5 year old on Christmas day with many new and wonderful things to see. I want to be able to persue my chosen profession without being forced to be what I do not want to be. I want to be able to do what I want when I want ..IE.. if I wanna mine I do so because I dont feel like the grind of shooting (button mashing) for hours on end. I want to enjoy the look and try to immerse myself in the game. I dont want to be constantly fretting over every button click due to eco I simple wanna be. I want to play the game not "Work" in it.

Now realisticly what I expect to see is a solid base for a thriving economy to start. Some new planet specific bp's that use planet specific materials. Original mobs to hunt or avoid depending on your game play. Some interesting new mining patterns not the run to the same spot 3 times a day and drop 25 to 50 bombs and go to next known area to repeat. Minimal amounts of bugs barring the redundant ones MA cant seem to get their shit in one soc to fix. I want to see new things not copy pasted crap from other games... Not reskinned mobs from Calypso like was done on RT. (Wolves are just barking merp) I want to see some orginality that attracted me to EU in the first place.

Once that is done and I can log in and say "Oh shit check that out!" once again or "Wow that was really neat" or see or do something I can actually call a friend and say "DUDE!!! you GOTTA check this out" and no longer be embarassed I still play EU even tho many laugh at me for doing so. I want to feel proud of what I have accomplised once again not frustrated in less then 10 minutes after log in as its been for too long now.

17. dude

dude Active Member

All I want is COMMUNICATION if there are bugs tell us !! or if we tell you then acknowledge this. If we see improvments can be made then then respect us and let us know what you can do . Please treat us like your best customer shopping at your store and I promise to drop alot of cash your way .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

Well realistically I'm hoping to find the world I've been reading about all these months and a chance to explore all the places I've come to know in a manner that emerses ME in the story I'm loving. I'm NOT hoping to kill 10,000 mobs so I can kill 10,000 more just cause some hic NPC scripted by someone with no imagination TOLD me too! ;)

Oh... AND CAVES!!!
    (If you wouldn't mind? ;) )

Cheers

Wistrel

19. calemus

calemus Member

caves are magicly awsem

but caves where i can possibly loot are MUCH better

how about a high lvl oriaton boss in the bottom of a cave?

hope he drops a mod merc
    cough coff

20. krm398

krm398 Member

Caves hey? Isn't that just right back to the old fashioned game instances? I mean, their fun and all, but isn't it harder to have a special area where a mission or things happen right out in the open where you can see further than in a cave where visibility is limited? Of course I can see that's just what some want, limited visibility gives a 'scary' aura about it, so when they come, have fun!

I'll have a lot of miles of new territory to see and mine, and I hope we get some truly unique new materials to mine, not just old icons with new names, or very rare ores that can only be found 50 miles below the surface. A new world should be just that, new...even in reality, we have a good idea that much of the universe we can see is not too far removed from what we have here, but there will always be differences, and with them, excitement. That's all I hope for on Arkadia, a little excitement and a chance to do new things.