1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you pick the date that you picked?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cyrus, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Planet Arkadia Launch Date...

Was it based on real-life happenings? Was it based on Entropia's events or history? Or did you dream of it actually happening?

So,why did you pick that special one out of 174 others...:confused:

2. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to say that it was after much thought and deep planning but my birthday was taken as were lots of other dates so the 7th May seemed as good as any.

Plus if I picked a date near the end of the options than a release any sooner than that would be a win anyway :cool:

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Cyrus in your avatar pic why is the elephant flattening you ;) ?

Why does the sun rise?

Why did I pick my date?

I picked mine because i thought friday is the best day for a launch. Everyone finishes work and get to explore over weekend. So launch should be a Friday imho. That's from a players perspective though for a developers perspective they may have other concerns :)

4. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Damn,thanks Ace you just made me realize I picked a Saturday,I guess that wasnt very clever of me :rolleyes:

5. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I picked May 10th because it's a Tuesday. There's lots of time for Arkadia Studios to monitor the planet before the weekend. Also in the past a lot of MA updates have been on Tuesdays.

6. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

I wanted to pick June the 16th as that is when big updates are posponed. But was taken & so was 14th so I picked the one in the middle. I picked June instead of July based on what Dave said being released earlier than first thought. Not sure why I picked the 15th, I could of picked the week before the 15th. No big dreams just a lot of thought I guess went into deciding.

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I was gonna pick my Birthday of June 16th but that was too far out. So I just used the force (mixed with a few pain meds) to pull my guess from the air.

I also did not think it thoroughly thru as I believe most updates come on Tuesdays and not Fridays?

8. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I picked my birthday. I have thought about picking a date according to the storyline. but that one mean only 5 more weeks or so, and i really don't want to get my hopes up :)

9. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

I chose the 31th of may since I just heard Milow sing "at the end of May...." so yeah. End of may it is then.
    Maybe not the most sophisticated method to chose the day but as good as any I guess. As Jod allready wrote I chose a quite late date so I have something to look forward too and if the planet arrives earlier I can only win.

10. warpath

warpath Member

I wanted 13th May because it is my mates birthday and we always get really tanked...... so it is always a fun date. But it was taken, soooo I decided flip the numbers and go for the 31st, but Xerox had taken only a post or 2 ahead, so I looked at the table and 21st was free so I claimed it.

Later I realised it was a Saturday which meant it was very unlikely to launch on my day :(

So on a completely different topic, I have been hearing a lot of support in the community for a Saturday release towards the end of May, I am petitioning for it as I think it would be in the best interests of everyone ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Because my magic dices told me so .... just like when they say my ATH is coming ....oh wait that never happend ....

12. Cyborg Bill

But... but....the dice's never lie Faye!!!

13. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

I've read that at the end of februar there will be a statement about launch date.
    So *I* think this date will be close to that statement.

The guys from Arkadia will not make the mistake to announce in februar a date that will be month away. To much things can happen in a longer waiting period.

I think they have learned from mistakes done by MA/FPC in the past with announcing something and then let all of us wait month and month for it :)

I hope they have learned..... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Seems like Birthdays of yourself or someone you know takes the top of the list. Interesting to see some other reasons why you picked the date as well.

Hmmm...maybe magic really doesn't work in a Sci-Fi world :confused:

Good observations Danton.

15. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Oh wait this isnt World of Warcraft ??? Darn ... what is this .. arkadia huh .....

:) You may shoot me now

16. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

*aims Maddox IV at Faye*
    *pulls trigger*
    *CLICK!*

Damnit! ran out of ped again. Faye just wait there whilst i go recharge my ped card.... ;)

17. Chiba

Chiba Member

I just saw the number in front of me... Just had to take the number I guess :)

18. raynopssgold

raynopssgold Active Member

Simple, because it's my B'day lol

19. keith

keith Member

two days after Valentines ( extra ped for being Very Sweet on Valentines day lol ), my dads' birthday, it's a Wednesday,two days to git the last minute bugs worked out for the weekend!

20. Cyborg Bill

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

save the ped for the release!!!