1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to cycle on Ark? 9K PED, 60(to 90) melee DPS, Liakon+5B, 170HP, 35 Evader

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by hypnotyk, Aug 21, 2015.

1. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

Hey there Arkadians.

I've made the long venture across the galaxy and arrived at Arkadia last night. I'm looking to do a bit of hunting here on Arkadia and I wanted to hear some thoughts on what you believe would be best for me to cycle while I'm here, and why. As stated in my title, my gear is:

Liakon + 5B
    Castorian Combat Mace MK III tier 6 + VIII amp (
    Improve ARR 8K as tagger
    Spirit MK III E.L.M + Beast as pre-damager
    170 HP, 35 evader
    9K ped to cycle

Main goals:
    -Work towards an iron mission
    -Hunt a mob that has a bounty item on them
    -Looking for markup, mainly in oils (muscle,eye,heart) on Arkadia

Side goals:
    -Skill some shortblades on smaller mobs with same goals in mind (Ice Dagger + Trauma I)
    -Use no armor (if possible) when skilling using shortblade to increase profits

Any information, tips, or helpful comments are greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to my stay at Arkadia and hopefully it will be a successful trip this time around!

Cheers
    -Hyp

• Like Like x 1
    • Welcome! Welcome! x 1
  2. San

San Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I suggest you look through the creature threads, or good old Entropedia which still works, what mobs suit you best in terms of hp, damage, mission rewards etc. Any advice would probably just be personal preferences.

Biggest obstacle to cycling is the market, it is more difficult to sell stuff for mu than elsewhere. If your bankroll is big enough to collect enough for justifying the cost, you'll probably want to travel back and forth for the trading part. Some may not like to hear this, but it is how it is.

Good luck!

Edit: Should not leave quite without anything concrete, looking at your gear/level you might like to check out the various private land areas and their competitions/incentives. Sanctuary cove - Kadra repeatable stage 6 gives evade, Huon shortblades, and you get a chunk of your tax back upon completing stage 5; all the other LA's also have nice ongoing events on their mobs. See relevant forum section.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  3. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

Thank you for your reply! I have a few mobs in mind that I want to hunt, but I think the goal is to indeed listen to personal preferences and why. I want to see if my ideas line up with others, or if others have a more creative mind than I do :) But I did not know about the repeatable stage 6 on Kadra or the huon shortblades, both of which were on my hunting list ;)

4. San

San Well-Known Member

The repeatable iron mission stages are i.m.o. the most attractive, unique feature of this planet. Look up what skills you want to go for, and then grind it until you're blue in the face. Only thing is, it takes a while to get there, longer than on Caly. Stage 5 is 12,000 creatures. After that it gets easier, stage 6 are all killpoints so you can proceed faster by choosing higher maturities. I'm currently on Hadraada mainly, also for evade. But I'm quite a few skill levels below you. Maybe apart from the mutated species on LA's you'll like Riptor, Beladoth, Scoria, Kamaldon, or the top mob of Arkadia, Yuka. Generally it's easier to hunt here, but can take a lot more damage. Be prepared that your ped won't last as long as you might be used to.

5. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

I'm staying clear of pretty much all of those mobs, never had much luck on those before.

I think my current mobs in mind to hunt are:

Kadra,
    Hadraada,
    Korwil,
    Mutated Beladoth

With ice dagger:
    Tiarak,
    Arkadian Hornets

6. San

San Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Mut. Belas are mixed with mut. Otorugi and a few Ubo of highest maturities, beware extreme burn damage. But fun imo. Others have expressed disappointment over the returns from Korwil, though. I can't confirm since I only ever killed a handful to test my limits. The Tiaraks spawn on EA3 (only untaxed) contains all maturities, stalkers hit pretty hard which makes it inevitable to overprotect against smaller ones. I doubt you can do them without armour. Sanctuary Cove has another spawn of small ones, but taxed and no special incentive on their heads. Might be easier to grind in numbers for mission there, though.

The hornets aren't suitable for melee weapons, except for a few they spawn too high in the air and even after you pulled them, you still need to jump to reach them (I tried). And they have only as much hp as puny mobs, ice dagger would be huge overkill. You want to use a S.I. Scorpion or similar gear on them. Personally, at any higher skill level I would no longer bother with them.

Have you looked at underground, also? I especially like the Togolossi.

7. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

That's really good info :D I'll check out Togolossi and see how those are. Thanks!

8. San

San Well-Known Member

I forgot to add: Tiarak hides are a little easier to sell than the rest. If it doesn't work at once, try asking around before you toss them in tt. And Madana - the tails are wanted by crafters and markup is skyrocketing. There have been several calls for hunters to grind them, mutated also works and there is another competition on that LA. Might need special gear against acid damage.

9. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

Dang, I think this is one of the rare times where I actually wish I had a set of gremlin :p

10. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

You mentioned your weapons but I don't know their DPS off the top of my head but I'm guessing it's at least 80 or over.

Most of the ones mentioned were fun for me when I had the 100dps blade but as long as you have a little evade to go with the Liakon I would definitely go for the Togo's(from what you posted you should be ok).They are an easy kill but can give globals surprisingly high in value . I've never used Liakon (was using Lion on them and it worked fine)

Most of the creature threads here have an item drop list so don't forget to have a troll through them .
    The Piron PBR-42-47-52 sell really well,in fact any PBR-PLR sells pretty well here and if not they sell in days on Caly.

Don't forget the Sal'diresh Vaults also,you'll have to trade mats for the keys or buy your own keys-I found it easier to do the trade for keys mission-(NPC at the bar at Celeste Harbour will send you to various other people for the trades).They are fun to do and don't take long at all and Pirons are very common in them.

There's a thread here about the vaults with lots of loot info so be sure to check that one out.
    If you go for the Vaults my best advice is don't go below Vault 6,It's just not worth it.8's always did the best for me.
    Though don't expect a regular 90% TT return but the pirons help out a lot with the MU.

Good luck with what ever you choose mate,You'll find a good community here-much like Caly was........about 8yrs ago :biggrin2:

11. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Khorum coast mobs have melee based rewards.. particularly the mut nusul.

There is also the monthly competition for both las at www.tiny.cc/svevents

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. San

San Well-Known Member

Goblin & Pulsar 8 for small ones, Viceroy evtl. & 4A for medium, V. & Pulsar 8 for Old Alpha, Aquila/Stolen Imperium/various unobtainable or Healer/Adj. Restoration Chip to tackle Stalkers. Or Pulsar 4 (Acid special) on some allround set, but I don't like their markup for grinding in numbers.

13. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

^^This one....

Both of $5 La's are well balanced and fun mobs to hunt (Songkra Valley and Khorum Coast).
    Even though Songkra is mixed the mobs are so well balanced that both missions stay pretty close together for completion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. San

San Well-Known Member

I think I read that before and it didn't quite make the threshold for responding. What exactly does 'melee based rewards' mean? Does it make a difference which weapon class you use on them? That would be entirely new to me. Only heard that decay goes into skill points awarded, so this would be a case for using non-maxed/un-eco weapons. Need to find more money to try that seriously. Yeah I would pack a Trauma VI on the good old Valor...
    :battleroar:

15. atomicstorm

rewards
    It means mission rewards that are melee in nature. Inflict melee damage, shortblades, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I saw Korwil on your maybe list. I would be wary of them. They are extremely agro, attack often, and its tough to avoid dealing with multiple mob attacks. Liakon might be ok for one of your chose maturity but perhaps struggle with 3 attackers. They are a lot like riptor in this respect. In any case you can expect a high defensive bill with those guys.

Mutated beladoth drop some nice guns.

Also maybe check out the underground instances. I'm not sure what the TT return is like but I find they drop a weapon (piron or S&B) on most runs which is good for MU returns.

• Like Like x 1
  17. San

San Well-Known Member

Oic, thanks. Sheesh, got on the wrong train again...

18. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

Thanks! Korwil were fun for me to hunt because they have good sized HP but not too high, but I agree with you.. they do attack quite fast. Reminds me of how atrox would tear apart your armor back in the day. I'll give mutated belas a run and see how those do, and then venture on over to 5$'s LAs to see if I can squeeze a HOF out of his mobs ;)

19. atomicstorm

Mutated beladoths are my mobs. :)

20. hypnotyk

hypnotyk Member

I'm going to give them a whirl taniiite