1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where should a new player go to meet people and a mentor?

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by narfi, Oct 6, 2011.

1. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

I have been posting in a thread over at onrpg.com and someone is asking where they can go to meet more people. They said they have only seen 1 person since they started.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/187125-7/

I advised to go to sanctuary cove or 8 coins, but they said that was empty as well.

Please let me know the best place to send people like that since I am not on Arkadia at the moment.

thanks,

narfi

2. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Hey Narfi, maybe have them try Celeste Quarry. At times that can be quit empty as well, but it is a good place for new players to hang out and learn sweating in small groups. With the hunting comp going on I don't visit very often atm, but I do still go there a few times a week. I think most of the advisers visit there often though. There is a thread around here somewhere with instructions how to get the quest to get the TP to Celeste Harbor for the lost interns mission, then it's just a matter of running or driving or maybe get a lift to get to the quarry. Hope that helps some.

KD

3. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Tell them to logon to the forum and they will most likely be able to find an online adviser willing to meet up with them wherever they are.

I spend alot of time at different Academy's too, as the Quarry is usually well populated anyway

5. forspinki

forspinki New Member

hi guys im the person narfi is talking about, im new to the game and really need somebody to guide me around because i managed to grind enough ped for a gun and a 1000 bullets so i dont want to waste it, i searched google for a starter guide but there arnt any for arkadia

6. rick_janson

What is your present location?

Hit M to bring up the map or run over to the teleporter and find the name or hit P to get your position.

7. forspinki

forspinki New Member

celeste harbour north

8. rick_janson

UPDATE: Coming into Celeste Quarry.. ;)

9. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Welcome to Arkadia, forspinki! There's a big, fat, GUIDE button on the front page of this forum and the Arkadia main website. :)

But feel free to ask questions to any advisers and we'll do our best to help you find your path.

10. forspinki

forspinki New Member

rick showed me a couple of hunting areas where i can go so that is good but my main problem now is getting ammo constantly, for every 1000 bullets i use im getting about 4 ped worth of loot so im only getting 200 bullets back, i need to find a good way of getting ped otherwise ill be sweating more than im hunting

11. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Sorry Rick, but that's just how it is for a non-depositing newbie... sweating more than hunting. Depiosits take the place of subscription in this game. Think about it. If it were easy to make to PED (short of depositing) then MA would go bust, and there wouldn't be a game.

Good luck,

jay :)

12. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Probably the best thing to do if you can not deposit is to sweat untill you want to bite your wrists off and then take the cash you builtup from sweating and start trading. But be warned trading can be even more boring then sweating because atleast in sweating your actively doing something while time gos on but trading your standing there just repeating yourself till someone comes to trade with you. The better your prices the more customers you will get but at the same time your profits may be less, Its a balance between profit and volume you will have to detirmine yourself. Also there is always some risk in trading as anyone can come along and undercut you and the market value of an item or stackable can drop overnight depending on platform changes and if someone perhaps got an all time high or some uber loot on the stackables or is willing to get rid of their stuff for cheaper just for the sake of getting some fast cash.

Edit. For the start of trading try and stay away from selling stuff in the auction atleast untill you know the market for the goods your selling. So meny new players make the mistake of jumping into the auction trying to sell their items without actualy knowing the market of the goods their selling and end up loosing more due to auction fees then they would have lost from directly dumping the goods off in the TT.

13. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

This game is all about the economy. Study what you are able to hunt or mine, and what you can sell for a considerable markup over its TT value.
    Learn what the local crafters use alot of, and figure out how to supply them. The price they pay you will help offset your losses and in time you will start to see trends and be able to adjust your gameplay from day to day or month to month to maximize your profits or minimize your losses by providing the economy with what it is craving.

Spend alot of time just looking at auction, and studying what people are listing, the quantities which they list, and the markups they list them for. Then pay attention to individual auctions and see if they actually sell, or if they are just someones pipe dream that they will get that much. (watch for items with bids, or for items with buyouts that dissapear before their time expires)

Two things you can do to maximize your ped, one for hunting and one for mining.
    If hunting, sweat each animal dry before you kill it. You can gain more skills this way as well as be able to sell the sweat for a slight profit to offset your losses.

If mining, walk everywhere in 3rd person. Look on the ground around your feet for fruit and stones which you can pick up and sell to other players. (in my opinion this can potentially be more profitable than sweating and is more enjoyable for me personaly)

Good luck and have fun :)

narfi

14. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I just wanted to add that "walk" is not the same as "run". There is fast speed and there is slow speed and the stones only appear while going slow speed.

15. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

For most part yes but I have found rocks running and driving ground vehicles, if you have lag or graphics card that can't keep up with the onscreen rendering yes finding rocks, dung and fruit is hard to find by running or driving.

16. System

System New Member

i think celeste quarry is the most crowded place on arkadia so it must be the best place to look for mentors and other people