1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to Hunt What / What to use When.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by iAutolycus, Aug 12, 2013.

1. iAutolycus

iAutolycus New User

Hello, I am fairly new to the game and I was wondering on what levels do I start attacking different mobs.
    Currently I have been killing Caraboks and Halix ( young - provider ) with ease with my Herman CAP-TT R, I have a set of Adjusted Pixie, Herb box. lv 7 in Laser Pistoleer and 129 points into Evade. I'm wanting to maybe try hunting something different but I know what to go for next due to levels. Like since I'm level 7 does that mean I can handle stuff level 7 and below? Cause Nusul Hit me hard and take me for ever to kill, but I do not die.
    As for my other problem I do not completely understand when to move on to another gun. I use the EWE EP-2 Proton (L) to skill on Caraboks and I use my Herman CAP-TT R to kill halix. Do I keep useing these or do I move on. Also, with the whole 10/10 thing. From my understanding is, I don't use a weapon till It is 10/10. But when it hits 10/10 don't I lose the Skill Bonus?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

I'll have a stab at this. First, I think it's worth checking something. As far as I know (may be wrong) the EP-2 is a non-SIB weapon which means two things; first, you will never get a skill bonus with it and second, at your level your hit chance and damage will be terrible. (Non-SIB weapons max out at level 100.)

As for whether you should use unmaxed weapons, opinions vary. It is certainly true that using SIB weapons below their SIB range will be a waste of time - the first time you equip such an item, a message to that effect will pop up. Hit profession level always goes up faster than the damage one, so it is quite possible to have a weapon that is maxed (or nearly so) for hit chance but nowhere near it for damage - which means you are still getting some of the SIB advantage.

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, is that you should not use an SIB weapon until you are at least in the top half of its SIB range for hitting (usually 5 levels) and preferably the top 25% or so. And at your level, don't use non-SIB weapons at all except possibly the really long-range ones to "tag" mobs. Tagging means shooting a single mob at long range, preferably longer than its aggression range, to get it to come to you.

A good rule of thumb is that very few mobs will aggress if they are outside the first ring of your radar, BTW.

One more thing, relevant once you are using bigger weapons, is overkill. If the mob has fewer hit points left than you are likely to hand out in damage, then continuing to use a bigger weapon is wasting money in weapon decay and ammo. Most people switch to "finisher" weapons for the last couple of shots, to avoid this.

Just my 2 pec, hope it helps.

3. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Mob levels have nothing to do with that so ignore them, look at entropedia what the health is on the mobs, with CAP-TT R I would suggest you to stick to mobs with 20-60hp or so.
    With higher then that you might want to look for CAP-4 or CAP-7 models with at least CAP-7 A/D/J you can hunt mobs a bit higher up like Oratan Slashers or Hadraada etc..
    And dont wear your armor if you dont need it, also use amplifiers Hotfoot (L) for Arkadian and all Arkadian guns have which amp fits the weapon best in the item info, or Omegaton A10x series amps but remember you can only amp 50% of the max base damage of your gun.

Match the gun to the mob, for halix just use the gun you do now if you feel like it's working

the EWE EP-2 Proton (L) as is mentioned is a SIB weapon, but you're right most EWE EP-xx pistols are old school lvl100 weapons so to all newbies be very careful when buying these look for the (L) and read the bold part one more time :)

• Like Like x 1