1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to hold, What to tt?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by dfhfdgdf, Dec 25, 2013.

1. dfhfdgdf

dfhfdgdf New User

Being a new player I'm unsure which items are vendor trash and which should be held on to for trading and the ah. Just in general, because I'd hate to get rid of an item of value.

2. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Depends on budget and item. If u want u can catch me in game and we can have a look that might be easier

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Well, my first suggestion would be to look up the list of ingredients required for the Viceroy armour mission and keep the ones you need for that. Then you can either get the armour yourself (which gives you a great all round armour) or you can sell the ingredients to people who want the armour but don't have time to go collecting the bits themselves.

Have a look here for the list:

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?8680-VICEROY-Armour-Ingredients&highlight=viceroy

4. cattsscann

cattsscann Member

I think this is a very good question. Im a little bit past "Noob" status. (not by much I know). But I'm still not sure what is safe to TT for quick cash and what needs to be held on to. My biggest worry is I will tt something and then find out a week or two down the road that I really need for a mission or to tier something important up. I have a nice stock pile of goodies now that I can't bring myself to sell. lol

I think I need to go on that tv show "Hoarders".

p.s.
    Hi Mod's.. Post #3... see.. told you I wasn't a spammer :fineprint:

5. miteke

miteke Member

It's really hard to sell anything under 1.5% MU at a profit. Those are the likely items to sell. On the other hand they make excellent fodder for training up crafting, but if you were thinking of that you would not be penny pinching anyway since crafting is a horrendous PED soak. Better would be to find someone who will buy your low MU stuff, but that takes time and charisma. Joining a SOC is a good way to make friends like that.

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Have a look at the market history and pay particular attention to the daily or weekly volume of sales. If the turnover is low then there needs to be good markup expected for it to be worth keeping.

For example, most animal oils have high turnover and while the expected market is low, it's worth keeping them until u can sell in reasonable stacks (say 100 ped) to offset the auction fee. Oh and I have found I can routinely sell for a few % over MU here in Arkadia. Really pay attention to current auction listings to spot the sweet spot for sales - which moves each day.

On the other hand, most but not all looted components ("blah blah component") have very loan sales turnover and there's a good chance they will slip right through auction so the MU has to be pretty good for me to bother doing anything but TTing them. Similarly sockets have small to ok MU but low turnover, so I generally TT them when I have more than a certain threshold in inventory (the amount I expect to use in crafting enhancers).

Hope that helps
    KikkiJikki

7. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I tend to hoard everything I loot, and sell what I can, whenever I see some demand.

I only TT those with low MU if I run low on peds and don't have much choice, unless I want to deposit.

I end up with 1000s of peds worth of low mu stuff at times, until I decide I need to clear up storage (and end up funding myself for weeks at times with just the TT values.) Even now, I think I probably have about 1.5k peds or more TT value of stuff which is considered as "junk" by most people.