1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I be hunting?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Dabrix Steele, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Dabrix Steele

Dabrix Steele New Member

I just flew over from Caly and was wondering what my prey should be. Level 10 BLP Sniper and level 5 evader. Weapon is ARK-6 with Rage 10 and Grunt Armor with 2a plates(if I need them). I also use a Regen III chip to heal. Looking for a good terminal mission to grind out.

2. San

San Well-Known Member

Ideally hunt mobs with a danger level not exceeding your evader level to minimize defense cost. But since you will rise through the ranks faster at the beginning, i.m.o. it isn't tragic to start off with whatever your weapon can take right now, if you intend to stick with it and grind the mission out anyway. Depends on your tolerance at the repair terminal. Suggest to see that the mob's hp and your weapon dps are matched so that you can take it down within 10-30 seconds. Below 20 I would definitely consider a finisher, suggest the TT shortblade for minimum financial layout. A bit of melee along with your main weapon also helps building your hp and defense skills faster.

If you can find someone to trade you a S.I. H.E.A.R.T. fap (which was formerly available from Cyrene TT), this would be the ideal tool to heal up in between for minimum cost. Then you use the chip only for emergencies. The Vivo S10 you now get from an easy Calypso mission is the next best and doesn't require investment other than travelling there and playing an easy instance for about 20 minutes (the Gauntlet at Camp Icarus). Of course, there are also entry-level Arkadian faps. Check Entropedia.info for stats.

As for sticking with a specific mob for its mission, you may want to consider that loot returns aren't constant, which means the play time you get out of a certain amount of money varies. There are good times and bad times, and it usually pays to try other things before it sucks you dry. Unless you don't mind spending through it, just so you know what you're doing and don't submit to a compulsion.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1