1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do with you loot??

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Nova Genesis, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Nova Genesis

Nova Genesis Member

Im finding it increasingly difficult to sell alot of my hunting loot. Even when I have stacks over 1000 in size. Though I hear this is not uncommon.

So I've started crafting with everything I have no use for.

What is everyone else doing. Do you hold on to sell a stack of 10000 or what?

How do you cycle your ped!! :D

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

For loot that I think is sellable I accumulate stacks of 100ped TT and then sell on auction. I usually set a relatively low start bid and then put the buy out at where i think that item is selling (based on inspection of auction) or a little higher.

I assess if an item is sellable by looking at MU history. If turnover is quite low then it is probably not worth trying to sell through auction. Perhaps I can find a buyer or use it for my own crafting or possibly even TT it. An exception would be new loot. For example, the new arkadian animal parts have almost no market history and I am holding onto them for now rather than TTing straight away.

As I have gotten more into crafting (probably not recommended for a newer player owing to cost), I have found that I craft most of my hunting loot. The are either ingrediants in the weapons and armour I make or I use them to skill tailoring, texturing, furniture, etc. So I only sell when I have excess.

3. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Usually I put it in storage and attempt (being the operative word) to sell a stack.

For instance, I've got a few 100-200ped stacks of wool, hides and boards. The last few times I've sold to soc mates which made my life a little easier but the few times I've used the auction on Ark I've gotten my stuff back with no bids.

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

non-native hides, wool, wood all very hard to sell...

5. Svarog

Svarog Member

I put mine into storage but when it's time to leave Ark I usually end up tt'ing most of it

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Part of the problem is that everyone is hunting now. Miners as usual are not included in events so there's not a lot of reason to mine right now other than the slow steady profit you always get. It's more exciting to hunt right now. That means there's an excess of hunting loot.

7. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

thankfully I sold most of my Calypso wood but the wool drops from Jori (which gave me 45ped of the stuff in a global) and the old one or two with Halix so my stacks have built up again. The hides are the generic type with halix and jori making up the bulk. Sadly the Halix hide has now dropped to 115% from the stable 180% it used to have.

8. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

I hoard and eventually when I feel like it I try and sell it or just TT it.

9. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Hides like Korwil - only to TT.
    Another loot you can easily sell at auction in stacks >50 PED (100 PED best value).
    Loot like extractors and so on accumulated in my storage.
    2-3 month ago i sold lot of 50k Nova @auction :)