1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do on Arkadia?

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Jequan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jequan

Jequan New Member

Before i join entropia i am very curious about this.
    I know this is a sandbox mmo wich is great.

Many sandboxes end up being simple grinds though.
    Will i end up grinding the same mobs over and over and do kill 100 mobs and come back missions?

Is exploration simply walking somewhere or do you actually do something to explore?

I did play darkfall and while i do enjoy an open world i don't want another mob grinder or mining grinder for raising stats only.

I di read about the thing on rocktropia. Is there more quest like that?

Thanks for your answers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Well there is plenty more to do in EU then just grind mobs. There are the three main professions Hunting, Mining and Crafting but there are other things to do that can be considered professions also such as becoming a trader of materials and resources, become a salon owner and alter other avatars appearances, become a mentor and help new players understand the game, become a pilot and haul people between planets and around planets, become a shop owner, become a land owner, the list goes on and on, but main point is the game is just not grinding there is a so much more and a lot of it deals with a social aspect of your game play.

As for what I do, I am mainly a Miner and a Hunter. I do get my hands dirty crafting as well, I make all sorts of thing I really don't target making specific items. I am a partial shop owner also so I am currently managing part of that. I do Mentoring and try to run a service to hire hunters and miners as well and of course I am and Arkadian Adviser and help new players starting in Arkadia or players visiting Arkadia for the first time with any questions they may have about Arkadia.

Hope to see you join the game and hope I gave some high level incite of some the things the game has to offer.

Cheers

3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I've always thought of my expeirence in Entropia as being like a Pioneer in a Virtual Universe even when we only lived on one little contantant on one planet. Now we have 4 planets with another 4 on the way. Living on each planet has it's own challenged and the communities need to work together to help each other. Thats what i like different about this "game". You just can't hack and slash like other MMO's you have to think make sure your matching your gear to your skills and your activites.

Personally i spend a lot of my time teaching new players thats most of what i do. I would be primarily a Hunter also having fun exploring finding out which creatures i can kill without dying to much. Taking new players out to hunt with me also. I also will do some mining when i'm board with hunting. Also i've got a helictoper that seats 7 people and love to take people for rides to go explore together or get to a hunting ground.

but also read this post to get a good idea about having the right attitude about this game

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?2758-Having-the-right-Attitude

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I am primarily a hunter.

I won't lie, I do a lot of mob grinding. For skills; for loot I can sell or use; for mission rewards or competions; for enjoyment (omg!).

Most missions in Entropia Universe involve mob grinding.

But you can grind intelligently. What are the best mobs for you? What gear should you use to minimise costs? Armour for complete protection or hire a healer? What weapons can you use efficiently given your skills. What's the right size weapon for the mob you are hunting? What mobs drop the good MU loot?

Since moving to Arkadia I have also started getting into crafting. I am trying to grow my crafting skills and have tied that to developing a business selling firearms.

My long term goal is to accumulate enough assets to buy and operate a land area.

Smart playing can involve a lot of analysis before and after activities. I don't worry so much with hunting (Other people do track hunting costs and returns) but in crafting I track costs and returns very closely. If you get into mining you really need to establish the best places to mine, the right gear to use.

This game is essentially one of economics. You can choose not to worry about that aspect but in the long run it will cost you more if you dont pay attention.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

5. santig kendala

santig kendala Member

I will do different things depending which planet I am currently visiting... I hunt, mine, and mentor on one planet and I hunt and craft on another. I tend to play for enjoyment rather than profit (what I spend here versus the bars I used to go to is a pittance!) but I enjoy a HOF as much as the next avatar! I am very active in my society which is by far my favorite aspect of the game ;)

6. nirfu

nirfu Member

I've played this game since 2006.
    I started as a hunter, then after a few years I did spend a full year crafting. From Q4 2009 to Q3 2010 I focused on Mining. In the late 2010 I was a Quad spaceship pilot while it was able to earn from it. Now I usually spend my Arkadia time with mining, crafting Arkadia textures, texturing clothes, hunting Caraboks and Ferans + doing some component an weapon hunting. Once and then I join a soc friend or two and go hunt bigger mobs. If I hear someone asking for help or need some special resource or item I try to be the friendl Arkadian and help.
    The best with EU is that u can focus on skilling a certain profession as long as u like and doing it on your own level/cost. If u get bored, switch profession.