1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support Weird bug ejected me from Arkadia?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Few Scars, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Well this isn't fun
    Went back to Arkadia, took my disciple to the newbie area in my Quad. Bit of a piss poor landing on my part, we both died for some reason and then revived in the new player area again. That was fine, whatever.
    Then suddenly I died again for no reason, revived in space, was able to walk etc? Pressed T.... Oh no I became permanently dead. Logged out, logged in...still dead in space. Pressed T again, nothing, relogged.. Spawned on Athena SS....WTF! This happened at 03.5MA time, two support cases to move me back to Arkadia so far

Anyone else had this weird bug killing you on a planet and ending up on a random SS far away. I refuse to fly back in my QUAD as I didn't wish to be there in the first place. I expect MA to relocate my avatar back to Arkadia ASAP.

This is not good, any ideas?

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I've had weird things happen between the previous or next server in line due to a down server making it appear as if I'm in one place when I'm actually in another. I've also experienced my avatar being in two servers at once (one in space, one on planet). In this case, I would see doubled HOF messages (apparently, if this happens, your avatar double is still hanging around in space and your inventory can be looted even though it appears you're safe on planet). In your case, you were revived on one planet server, which I take to mean that your avatar was actually there, it wasn't just extreme lag or a server error making you appear there... then you get dumped on a server which is not only not adjacent to where you think you are, and not only in a different PP zone, but in lootable PVP! If you traveled through Athena, maybe due to an error that server still thought you were there and for some reason took precedence over the Ark server after a while. Did you see doubled HOF messages while you were on Ark?

I seldom do it now that space is so stable (compared to the old days), but I used to relog every time I'd land on a planet. It can help prevent problems of this type, as it forces the servers to talk to each other and clears up differences of opinion on where your avatar is actually located.

3. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Yes, I saw the double HOFs. Will log back today to see where MA put me.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

So it's very rare, but I guess it still happens. If you ever see doubled HOF messages and you can get to a storage terminal, dump your loot, grab your quad, relog, and hope for the best.

5. Azures Pickle Beast

Azures Pickle Beast New Member

I just thought you should know your Quad has been sitting there upside down in the start room for 3 days now... I have come by and requested a seat several times but you never respond... whats the deal with that =P