1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekly Newbies' Market

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Lovefall, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Please keep this thread clean; for any feedback, comments, criticism there's a feedback thread specially created for this purpose.

For any questions or for announcing your intention to participate, please post in feedback thread, PM me here on forum or PM me in game (Kiddoo Lovefall Kiddoo).

Step I: Identifying the problem

We do out small hunting or mining runs, get out loot, and the next logical thing would be to sell said lood (or the part
    of it that we are not interested in) so we can finance our next run, because for someone on a tight budget just saving the loot and buy new ammo/weapons on each and every hunt is definitely not an option.

Problem is that we hardly have a viable selling option:

- TTing the loot would be a shame, because we would get (considerably) less than the value of the items; you may think that 1%-3% price difference is not a biggie, but over time it can make a huge difference
    - Selling the loot to other players is not an option for low stacks (auction fees are made in such a way to discourage selling of small stacks and human buyers are not really interested in small stacks since collecting them represents just a waste of time for them).
    - Traders are the best of three evils, but finding them is not always easy and is a clear acceptance of the fact that we'll end up still loosing money (because hey, traders do that for a profit, isn't it? :p)

Step II: Trying to solve the problem - consolidate our stacks

Ok... so the main problem is reduced to the fact that our stacks are too small to catch the interest of buyers or allow us to sell them via the auctions system. Individually, that's something we can't solve, but working together, that has quite a simple solution.

So here's what I propose:

Every Saturday at 16:00 game time (which is 16:00 GMT time and which should be a decent time for both Europe and US), right after Ruben's SSI event ends, we can meet at 8Coins Windy Isles and trade between us.

What the trading means?
    Well, we will just trade between us our small stacks of items, trying to consolidate all our loot in only one stack (as in only animal oil, or only carabok hide, or only animal hide). So for example if what I try to consolidate my stack in is animal oil, that means that I will trade my hides for animal oil with the guy that consolidates his loot in hides or my electronic components for same animal oil with the guy that consolidates his loot in electronic components.

To avoid discussions and arguments, all trades will be done considering the weekly MU from the market price info tab, trying to get to a value as close as possible; if there is any difference left it will be paid in cash PECs.

For example:
    - the item I trade to you (the one you collect) has a TT value of 2 PEC with 106% weekly MU and I have 113 of those items - that means that the total value of my stack is 113 * 2 * 1.06 = 240 EPC
    - the item you trade to me (the one I collect) has a TT value of 10 PEC with 104% weekly MU and you have 19 of those items - that means that the total value of your stack is 19 * 10 * 1.04 = 198 PEC
    - since your stack has a lower value, that means I'll only trade some (not all of my items), more exactly - 198 / (2 * 1.06) = 94 of my items, whos value is 94 * 2 * 1.06 = 199 PEC
    - that means that I will trade you 94 items (that you collect) for your 19 tems (that I collect) plus 1 PEC difference from you

That means that, at the end of the event, each of us will have same value of assets (including MU), just that consolidated in one-two bigger stacks, instead of a lot of really small ones, which should be easier to sell.

Step III: Trying to solve the problem - selling our stacks

Ok... all clear and fancy far now (I know that all the math may sound scary at first, but really, once you spend a bit of time to understand it you'll see that it's all simple and clear). But that doesn't really solve the problem - we still need to sell those stacks.

And well, here comes the next part of my plan:

After the trading is done, I will update here what stacks each of one has for sale, so potential buyers can see them all in a unified place.

The next day, so
    every Sunday at 16:00 game time (which is 16:00 GMT time and which should be a decent time for both Europe and US), right after Ruben's SSI event ends, we can meet with potential buyers at 8Coins Windy Isles and sell our stacks.

To avoid any discussions, the trading price would be TT price * [(MU-100)*.9+100]; that practically means that we're making a 10% discount of the markup for the item (to make at least a bit of sense for buyer to buy from us). So for example if a price has a MU of 110%, we will sell for a MU for 109%; it it has a MU of 104%, we will sell for a mark up of 103.6%. There will be no haggling or bidding, just the first come first served on the fixed price.

Any unsold stacks will remain listed here, so potential buyers can still contact you through the weak to help set a deal.

Rules and regulations (or trying to prevent abuse)

Since this is aimed at newish players and we try to avoid other people taking advantage of this there are a few rules:
    - agility or strength attributed must be between 20 and 50 (may raise or lower these values based on feedback, but for now I think they are fair) - this ensures that neither old players or new fake accounts will be used in the process
    - max amount of trade items you can come with on the weekly market is 140 PED (I really doubt a new player on a low budget could gather more loot than this in a week)
    - max amount of stock I will list on site for sale is worthing 140 PED (I really doubt a new player on a low budget could gather more loot than this in a week)

People not respecting these conditions may still participate, but priority will always be given to people that stay within the mentioned conditions (as in people with said attributes between 20 and 50 will trade between them first and if they still have unconsolidated stacks they may also trade with people below or above said values).

Why doing it?

What's in for us (newbies):
    - Option to consolidate our loot in more easy to share stacks;
    - Option to sell our loot more easily, directly to interested buyers, at a good price;
    - Option to get our offers public, even if no direct buyer found right away;

- Getting along together; at the end of the day EU is a social game so a group activity could only make the game nicer

What is in for buyers (crafters):
    - Option to buy what you need in big enough stacks and at a fair price;
    - Option to buy what you need in smaller stacks than AH ones, yet not tiny ones;

- The good feeling of knowing that you actually helped a new player on her/his first steps, without loosing any money in the process
    - Getting along together; at the end of the day EU is a social game so a group activity could only make the game nicer

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Lovefall

3. Lovefall

Post updated, the WORK IN PROGRESS mention removed (although it will be a continous work in process project anyway :p).

4. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Ok, few ideas to improve your topic.
    -is a good option to help new players, but you need to take new players from confort zone and confort zones (lagged ones), meaning, no Quarry, no 8Coins, unlike veteran players, new players need to discover things what include new tps (and less lagged areas), so I suggest for location "Formidable Firebase Academy" that is also near race track, what could add more fun to the thing.
    [​IMG]

-crafters (smaller ones) can make deals like weapons/clothing/ammo for loot or sweat or both combined
    -not so far from there, we can organize a sweat group for another mob Bokol, I can provide heal support for 1 hour

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lovefall

Thank you for feedack, Murk, although I would have appreciated if you would have done it in the feedback thread itself - hahaha. :p But anyway, good feedback is good anyway, so no need for me to be picky. :p

Reason why I picked said time and hour (right after SSI) was because I figured that enough of us, newbies, will already be there for the SSI, so kinda connecting the two events. :)

Now what you say is correct and might be a really cool idea, however in order to get the things started I think we should try to make it as easily accessible as possible; once things would get rolling though, moving to another location (and the one you suggested sounds great :p) would probably be a great idea - if not for something else, at least for spreading the player events all over the continent. :)

Crafters (smaller ones) coming and selling their wares at a newbie-friendly prices (coins or sweat) would be more than welcome. :)

Crafters bartering with gear, for loot that was not normally sold directly, with sellers directly are again more than welcome. :)

However, I don't want to risk turning this into a fight between sellers or between buyers, that's why I think having a standardized price and just going on the "first come, first served" base would avoid any possible arguments and disputes.

Another sweating group, on another location and another mob, with provided support sounds great no matter if connected or not with the event in any way, so if you wanna do that I will totally cheer for your initiative and have no problem to try to connect them somehow. :)

6. Lovefall

When I created that post I honestly expected to have at least 20 newish players like me interested to attend, to make this work and to profit together. Unfortunately, there was a total lack of interest regarding this (think I got just three messages from people saying they would be interested to attend), so I guess that there is just not enough need/demand for such a market or that my idea was not what the people were looking for.

So considering all these, I decided to personally retreat myself from the project. If anyone wants to get my idea (or just parts of it, or whatever) and use it, is more than welcome to. If I can give a hand I will gladly do it, if it will be done I will participate, but I just don't feel like having the time, energy or desire to try to make this work all by myself.

7. wournos

wournos Active Member

I was supposed to be there today but something got in the way and I was unable to attend. Sorry about that.
    If you still want to do trades when we're both online I'm up for it.