1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapon Selection

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Nova Genesis, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Nova Genesis

Nova Genesis Member

Hello my name is Nova Genesis. I am a colonist that has recently relocated to Arkadia as my home planet has been invaded by bots!!!

Now am I am new to your planet I have decided to make my relocation perminant.

I am new to the weaponry of this planet and am taking suggestions as I help the INF clear out the Oro, Halix and Jori. While also taking care of some pesky Carabok for their hides.

I am a level 5 laser sniper and level 5 laser pistoleer.

I am taking any and all suggestions.

Thank You,

Nova Genesis (Nick)

2. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Howdy NG Nick!

Welcome to Arkadia. :)

Glad you decided to help us with some of the pest control issues of late. The trade terminal series Cap and ASI weaponry should suffice and suite your skill requirements. They're highly efficient, very eco, and known to be fully reliable weaponry.

If you're goal is a more expeditious extermination, you can easily review the CAP series and ASI series progressive version numbers below:
    http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?6288-Herman-Industries-New-and-Renamed-Weapons

You should have moderate success finding traders in the Quarry to purchase your hides in bulk.

Happy Hunting!

3. Nova Genesis

Nova Genesis Member

Thank you Puck for the kind words, information and encouragement.
    I find that my stay on this fine planet will be pleasant. But ind have one more question regarding
    the arms of tArkafia.
    While I am out collecting hide from the puny Carabok I enjoy taking the opportunity to master new crafts,
    but as I do so I have come to notice that the blades of this colony are far from economical and with the ssomewhat lacking
    returns of the Carabok near my new found hang out Celest Quarry, I would be PEDless in days!

any suggestions on that route as well?

again thank you,
    Nova Genesis (Nick)

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

the blades are bit too powerful for Carabok, much better suited for the IFN challenges you are doing.
    All of the IFN challenge mobs you say you are doing loot some blades now and then, not too often tho

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Nova,

While you are in SIB for LAW-5 A and LAW-5 D I would recommned that at level 5 you stay with the TT weapons until you have the higher level weapons maxed. If you want to preserve your peds, maxed weapons is the way to go. I'm not sure of the exact level requirements but as a rule of thumb aim to be around 5 lvls higher than the start of SIB.

If you want to check out the weapons to see damage and such, I have most of the low level Herman series in my shops at Celeste Quarry Booth 2, Celeste North 1, Sanctuary Cove 5.

I can't bring myself to recommend any L melee weapons unless they are sold from TT. MU kills eco for melee.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

6. Nova Genesis

Nova Genesis Member

Well everyone on my many travels I have acquired a Omegaton A101 energy amplifier.

As I am going as a pure pistoleer, do you recommend use of the amplifier on my Herman Cap TT-R or should I refrain?

Thanks

Nova Genesis (Nick)

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

A101 is perfect for Cap-TT R. At 3 damage it is 50% of max weapon damage. Which is just how you want it.
    It pushes max dam from 6 to 9, dps from 4.7 to 7.0 , dps from 2.78 to 2.907

The only thing to watch out for is overkill. It's probably to much dam for carabok.