1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important! Warning! Pirates exploiting Summoning to Privateer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Neil, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I received a report from a disciple and it just got posted here on PCF as well. A certain pirate who was called onto the carpet for using speed hacking is now going around, adding random people to his privateer guest list without their knowledge, then sending summons. Some of course will accept the summons either because they think it's a different ship or they have never had one before and dont' know what's going on, or they accidentally click accept. When they arrive on the ship he takes the ship to PVP, boots them from GL, and loots them.

Be very careful when accepting summons... when you have a lot of stackables in your inventory and are merging stacks, move the merge stacks confirmation so it's not in the same position as the summons window. I've also been automatically teleported to a mothership without ever clicking on a summons window, while operating a planetary TP, so that's possible too (rare). These are serious issues that I have sent multiple support cases about, but MA has never bothered to fix. If anyone is added to this ship's GL without their permission, or receives a summons or is looted, please send support cases so MA is forced to deal fix this exploit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

WARNING! Summons From Pathfinder XXXII! DO NOT ANSWER!

The pirate privateer XXXII(32) owned by Windy Windy Ozoner summoned FOMA. Must have done a mass add to ships GL, all the traders got summons. I had no loot, answered, and was booted from the ship and shot by earnestJ almost instantly.

Then they summoned Calypso, and CSS filled up with people who inadvertantly or curiously answered the summons.

This is a very well thought out, and impressive, dirtbag plan. DO NOT CHECK THE GREEN CHECK!

Tell everyone on your FL, and send it through your societies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. happy_hipster

wowy! My post in general got moved almost instantly! This was a general warning, it may have occured in PvP, but I feel that the warning will be limited, even not get out, if hidden in the PvP catagory. Pls move it back, mod!

Thanks Neil, didn't think about forum, glad you had it covered!

Good advice! I sent a support case in, please do the same if you have had the same problem:

Added to XXXII guestlist without permission

I was added to the guestlist of the pathfinder XXXII without my permission or requesting it. It summoned me, and when I answered, they booted me into PVP space killed and looted me. Windy Windy Ozoner is the ship owner, and I was killed and looted by earnestJ

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...Answer-Summon-to-Pathfinder-XXXII!-Its-A-TRAP!

4. fluske

fluske Member

besides making forumposts,all please also make supportcase,this is clearly plain theft and thse guys need to get permbanned

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Member

Don't you mean Windy Windy Ozoner or has he created an alt to sweep his ship to?

6. happy_hipster

7. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

I merged the threads because they are about the same issue, and since it is about PvP it belongs in here.

And please don't let it get out of hand, warn people and report these individuals to support if you are affected.

8. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Absolutely. Forum posts help to warn those about this type of behaviour so people can avoid it, however if you experience this in game please file a support case as well.

9. happy_hipster

10. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I would also recommend shouting warnings at the quarry and Celeste when this avatar is seen next on Arkadia.

11. happy_hipster

the XXXII is at Ark ss now

12. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I just got 16 summon requests from that o_O

13. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

That's absolutely ridiculous :/ There needs to be a way to "mute" summon requests or remove yourself from guest lists.

14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Once again we see the rule against naming scammers work against the community of honest players. Hopefully I can get the info I need from PCF.

15. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

The said pirate has been named in Planet Calypso forum. Sorry Moderators but new players must be made aware not to accept Summons from unknown ships. I see no harm in naming the said pirate in this forum and all Arkadian Advisors have a responsibility to protect players from such actions. Refer to Planet Calypso forum for name and details of this scammer so you know who to avoid.

16. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

We have now discussed this issue within the forum team and come to the conclusion that based on multiple confirmations of this behaviour and the serious nature of it, that the names will be reinstated for information purpose.
    And this is a one time occurance it dont allow you to start flaming people like the forum rules didn't exist.

And to add to this, we made the Ark Dev team informed about the issue too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KikkiJikki

Thank you Jenn and the rest of the team. I appreciate your flexibility given the circumstances.

18. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

great that kind of thing should be unacceptable for all. I just wish I had no lootables on me at the time I would have clicked yes and let them kill me so I could report them properly

19. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Today recieved and declined ~10 summons on Caly :mad:
    Also written a SC
    An urgent need to do something!

20. KikkiJikki

It's been a day and its the weekend. Probably needs someone senior to make some tuff decisions.