1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Value of items

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by Ellington Corp, May 22, 2014.

1. Ellington Corp

Ellington Corp Member

:huh:Question, when hunting and a mob drops loot, I pick it up and can see a value chart, on the first day it is normally worth 0.00PED then it goes in order: (Looks something like this)

day o.ooPED
    week
    Month
    Year

I noticed that price was marked up and the item was worth a lot more. Now is this telling that the item I looted will be worth more in a day? or Week? as per the value chart or is is showing my what it can be? No sure hwo to read it, it is not the large chart that shows the graphic representation of price but the small box giving me a quick value glance.

Thank you for any help and advice!

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Day(last 24hours), Week, Month, shows which time period the Markup and Sales are referring too

Markup, shows the average mu of the item sold during that time period.

Sales, shows the total amount of PED sold within that time period.

so lets say you looted some Muscle Oil, and the
    Day Markup is 140.34% with 10.xxPED Sales
    Week Markup is 102.13% with 209.9kPED* Sales (*209898.78PED)

Then the day seems good, but that's not easy to get the market value from 1 sale (which it likely is) which is why weekly or monthly is more accurate to look at, as well as your planets auction what things is listed for there.

The markup graphs are universal for all planets, so treat them as a guide nothing more

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

On Arkadia the MU history of stackables is mostly irrelevant. For example most of the common animal oils have MU around 101-102% if you believe the posted figures, and perhaps that is true for Calypso but I consistently sell above MU here on Arkadia. Right now I am able to sell muscle oil for a little under 106%, adrenal for 104, one other (I forget which) for 107-108. I usually sell in stacks of 100ped TT as the auction tax then doesn't eat into profit too much but the stack is usually still a convenient size for buyers.

The best guide for Arkadian MU is to look at what is an auction. If you sort by BO you can usually spot the tipping point at which people are not buying.

4. Ellington Corp

Ellington Corp Member

Thank you both, that clears up my questions! :D