1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valuable limited BPs, to sell or not to sell...

Discussion in 'Crafting' started by ettore, Apr 27, 2015.

1. ettore

ettore Member

Hey, just want to get some opinions on using valuable Limited BPs or selling them. I got a level 3 finder amp light with 5 attempts and I'm very keen to use it hoping that a hof comes. Should I use residues if I do it? Thanks guys and GL.

2. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Nah,

Residue is a waste unless you plan to sell the amp. As you might know it is a multiplier bp, you should get a global when succeeding on quantity.

On a normal run with multiplier bps, you lose money compared to selling the blueprints. But if you hit two or more successes you should be in green.

I'd advice you to have a few hundred clicks of it if you want a somewhat predictable outcome.

It's a gamble.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I guess the questions are
    Do you like to gamble?
    What are the stakes you are risking (cost to click plus price you think you could sell bp for)?
    Are you ok with losing those peds if the worst happens?

4. ettore

ettore Member

if I sell the bp I get around 90 ped for it. I will probably pay less than 60 to use it

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Sometimes selling is better than trying to gamble on it.

6. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Also Very much depends on your crafting proffession levels - and luck.

Hof chasing can be bad for your ped card as well - they come more often when your not expecting them.

7. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Then your cost per click is roughly 32 PED.

A loss by not selling should be accounted for. I'll share a little anecdote with you;

One night, I was raging mad and about to rage quit. So I took out my collection of limited BPs that I saved for rainy days with an mu from 6 to 120 ped per click. I rage clicked. Woke up the next day with 12.5k less than I had the night before.

Sure, the loss in materials were no more than 5-6k but the money from the bps sure hurt just as much...

Edit: Needless to say, every multiplier bp went to auction ever since. I have an EP IV anecdote as well, won't share it now but that bp got sold too.... Ergo: Don't get hooked!

8. ettore

ettore Member

So, clicked it the 5 times. No success, spend around 63 peds on materials and got 58 back, so in the end I lost the 90ped the bp was worth. I really don't regret it and I think if I get another one of those I'll do it again :)

• Gratz! Gratz! x 2
  9. Bradley Killer Kell

Bradley Killer Kell Member

And the guy you sold it to with 1 Click left...
    hit the HOF.

No, it's good that you realized the odds were even longer at that point and cut your losses without completely crashing. Even if the next guy did HOF, you played the odds correctly and THAT is all you can worry about. It could have been better... but it could have been worse.