1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to do before you leave the Planet

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Wistrel, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

Not sure this is the best place for this (and I know people arn't technically supposed to go from other planets) but yeh, in my case, "Things to do before I leave Calypso?".

Certainly something to think about if I plan to go to Arkadia straight away as we are now in the last month before release.

I'm thinking well for starters, sell as much as I can that I don't think I can use/sell on arkadia.... or keep it? (maybe crafters wll pay more on Arkadia for Calypso loot, either for crafting or novelty value).

Buy as much as I can. Some things won't be available on Arkadia (or available at a markup)., That is anything I think I will want and potentially anything I think I can sell?(again, does the norm from Calypso fetch a premium on Arkadia).

Makes me think, maybe in the future MA should adjust auction stats to reflect sale prices based on location as well as item.

Other stuff I want to do, well missions I have to tie up for starters. Hmm... plenty to think about.

Anyone else got a plan or thoughts on this? Care to share?

Wistrel

2. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

Well I have packed all my stuff and still thinking about other stuff I might need to bring.
    I have a unlimited LR41, so that should be good for a while, got a FAP-80 to so I'm good there to and I'll bring all my armor and plates.

I'm still thinking about buying some more plates (6A maybe).

So before there is a nice economy going and guns and armor is for sale at a nice price I'll be OK, but of course I wouldn't mind looting some nice stuff I can use :)

3. Max EJ

Max EJ Member

Great thread :D

I'm in the processes of selling my properties on Calypso, that is one.
    Also arranging to see which stuff i need to bring to Arakadia, cuz they will have many new stuff like guns and faps.

4. Calin

Calin Member

I'm gonna sell off the rest of my un-needed junk then just take everything else to Arkadia. I've been collecting boxes for a while, I think i'll be bringing 45 packed boxes. Yes, I'm a pack-rat.

5. Futurama

Futurama Member

Sell all the loot etc.

You need to buy the things you will decay over there - guns, armors, faps, mining tools. Its mostly L stuff that might be expensive at arkadia at first.

6. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I would recomend emptying your appartment and making sure it's set to restricted and taking a screen shot of it. I was 99% sure i did this before i left. Then i went to see if i could auction my deed it said it wasn't restricted. Fought with support to no avail cause i had no proof and they didn't want to search the database. So no if i want to sell my appartment i gotta go back to Calypso which will cost me 80 ped to try and sell a maybe 200 PED appartment not really worth my while unless they gain in value there.

7. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Basicaly get all equiptment you will need in UL or if that is not possible for whatever reason then make sure to get A LOT of uses of (l) equiptment. All the rest in PED as bankroll to be able to stack up stuff that doesn't sell on Arkadia for a long time.

8. Chrome

Chrome Active Member Pro Users

Complete List of STUFF TO PACK

UL armor sets
    UL Plate Sets
    UL Weapons OR several (L) weapons
    UL Weapon Amps OR several (L) amps
    UL Weapon Attachments
    UL Healing Equipment OR several (L) faps
    Basic mining equipment
    Tools (Scanner, Vehicle Repair, etc)
    Enhancers (Weapon/Armor/Medical/Mining)
    Clothing
    Estate/Apartment Stuff
    Vehicles
    Mind Essence
    Oil (for Vehicles)
    Storage Boxes (see below)

<ahem> Check out the stats...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For total items, max weight, and price, you may want to reconsider how you pack. :)

9. Calin

Calin Member

Chrome... Part of my reason for many boxes is organization I keep a lot of stuff in small storage boxes and have a chart showing what is in each one. For the big move I do plan on packing stuff in boat and pitbull too. :)

10. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Easy for me, collect everything I've got in storage and my apartment. Waddle to the nearest TP. Wave good bye and pay my 40 ped.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

Yeh it will be something like that for me... hmmm assuming I CAN hold everything I have in storage... is there a restriction? or is it just a case of "waddling" as you say.

I'm actually "dimly" hoping there will be space travel proper before Arkadia launches... (yes yes I know, ever the optimist!)

How much does it cost to sell something through the auction from planet to planet? I thought it was +10ped? if so selling an apt would be easy if you don't mind the extra fee... probably missing something though.

I think the big thing for me is going to be, what to sell before I go, and what to buy equipment wise in order to last out. Think I may need a new gun and a selection of the small MF chips...

Wistrel

12. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

well guys got half my storage in boxes will sell some more stuff in the next couple weeks loads of stuff to off load lol. by the way ppl are talking i think calypso is gonna be empty lol the hype for arkadia is fantastic :) think the tp's will breakdown on first day when everyone leaves lol cu all there :)

13. dude

dude Active Member

Start stocking up on ME I think we will need it . I for one am always getting somewhere that I need to TP out of . Arkadia will be no exception

14. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

All that happens is that you can only run. There's no weight limit and some of my stacks are extremely heavy.

15. Chrome

Absolutely there is a limit...

500 items in your carried inventory, weight not an issue except for "waddling" speed.

16. Calin

Calin Member

Full "waddling" speed ahead...

Should be rather funny watching everyone rushing to Arkadia at a slow walk.

17. Chrome

Hehehe... serious thought here, what if everyone that plans on going loads up their inventory a full 12 hours before launch and then meets at a designated TP (calypso) for a "Waddle" Dance party or something before Arkadia Launch? That way if you need to log or something, you're already standing right at a TP ready to go?

(Will all TP's have the ability to transport us to Arkadia?)

Maybe instead of busy places like PA or Twin, it could be a smaller area to gather, with the TP close to storage? I personally like North Space Base... it is pretty quiet, and used to be a ... space base. :)

18. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

Will we all come out at same TP on Arkadia? Or will we have a few Arakdia TPs in our list so we can split us a bit? If we all are falling out of same TP........ ouch... :)

19. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

IIRC it was changed few VUs ago and now carried inventory is unlimited.

20. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

Yes I think so and also item count does NOT slow you down anymore... it's only the weight limit that is left to slow you down.
    PS: I love the idea of some Arkadia pre lauch Party/Meeting at some TP. :D Maybe even together with an offical? Or are they only allowed to operate on Arkadia? Not sure about that and maybe they are just too busy with pre launch work anyway. :p