1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They say immitation is a form of flatery....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cyborg Bill, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Heh has anyone seen the new video release AKA Teaser on the front page of PCF?

Well Cyrus you must have them scared brother cause this has you written all over it (weak attempt tho it may be) Thy did the vdeo in your style with the rotating camerain 1st person.. they even scammed the theme music nearly beat for beat for the Arkadia theme you use.

I dont think SDS/ FPC/MA whatever they will be called in the next 5 minutes really get it any more. They seem to be grasping at straws more and more.. I even read a blurb that mentioned treasure hunting...

Truely sad and pathetic they are trying to use your ideas before you get into the universe.

Personally Id send someone from legal to pass on a nut kick to put em in check.

2. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

To be fair I don't think there is a copyright for camera movement yet. :D However I have to admit that music sounded very familiar to say the least... was it some kind of shared file for all PPs to edit and use?
    I agree with you that the devs seem to be grasping at straws more and more.

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I have to say that the Arkadia teasers are much better ;) SDS's just seemed like a cheap imitation :D

4. Telgard

Telgard Member

...umm was that a teaser for Pets? It looks like at one point the camera was actually riding it. ...Imitation is relative.. kinda hard to be innovative with trailers.. technically, I've seen Arkadian type trailers before..

Now.. I guess they could be imitating just by having trailers..lol

5. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

Hehe I thought the same when I saw it yesterday. They must following this forum and 'learn' what kind of contact with community works well.
    Also there is another front page post I thought is copy from Cyrene and Arkadia - photos taken in office. Correct me if I'm wrong but I never saw them sharing so much with community.

This must mean two things:
    - Planet Arkadia will launch soon-ish
    - they realized that their approach is not working well and there will be big exodus when A launches, so they desperately want to win back some of players

I expect even bigger guns pulled out at Arkadia launch time, maybe some great items dropping or some event like Third Golden Age or so.... time will tell.

6. XeroX

from what I heard the cash created by our calypso avatarts always goes to them in a share no matter what planet we are on. So no I don't think they will have to bother with that. Well could be a myth though.
    If it isn't I guess they are just creating that stuff to make us spend more which is their job ofc. :D

7. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Member

I did read that also on some forum, but that is not official info AFAIK.
    Would be great if that could be confirmed...

8. XeroX

yeah true I would love to have that confirmed too.

9. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

IF I remember correctly it was about 5% of the money we spend would go to the planet we were created on, no matter where we are right now, but for the love of god I can not remember where I have seen that and who said it. Think it was one of the interviews on entropiaplanets.com.

10. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

If they ever confirm that My ava is based on Calypso and they get peds regardless where I am this ava is history and Ill make a new one on Arkadia to start over. My whole main reason for moving is to NOT reward these shit birds for crappy treatment over the last 2+ years.

But anyway they have ZERO imagination nor motivation and that is why many are so disgruntled at them and are looking to get away any chance that is viable. Creativity there at MA and SEE/ FPC...has been non existant since VU9.3 when greed took over as the main directive because they has us hostage.. now they created a way for us to sorta break free and they KNOW they shot themselves in the foot big time

11. XeroX

*cough* I am afraid in that case good luck with starting from scratch. I mean I don't have official information at hand BUT yes I have read in some PP interview that a share of the earnings from a player go to his origin planet. That also makes sense because MA will want the PPs to attract NEW players and not to steal from the existing player base.

12. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

That was certainly what I remember. It's in a post on PCF but when it was transfered from EF but google lost most of the indexing so it's become rather difficult to find posts from a couple of years back.