1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The mu ? Mark up ?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Zont, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Zont

Zont Member

Hello forum

So ive been reading a lot of guides about the MU and TT vaule of things but I cant seem to understand it right or I dont think I can so Ill just ask you guys, I think I understand it but I rather be sure then to throw away too many things in the process !

Alright so lets see

I got 31 advanced stone extrators... The daily markup is 153.85% and it says Sales 1.95 ped.

Now is that per 1k or is it per 1 ?

so if its per 1 item is it 53% on to the price of the tt vaule ? witch is 0.01 ped so its worth 0.015 ped to players ?

or perhaps we look at my animal muscle oil with a daily markup at 110.26% markup, and its TT vaule is 0.03 ped do I just put the 10% on it if I need to sell to players and hit 0.033? ped ?

Now I am not sure what I am talking about anymore I think I am lost :S

2. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Member

It just means 195 extractors have been sold today in total (as their TT value is 1 pec each, totalling 1.95 ped).

The average markup was 153.85%, so it's likely it was a single batch sold for 3 ped. The seller has paid 50 pec approx to place his 195 extractors on auction, so in fact he got like 2.50 ped for his 195 extractors, which would be a netto markup of 128% only.

31 extractors would be worth 47 pec approx looking at that markup you can see in history. The 50 pec auction fee forces you to sell such very small amounts to other players directly instead. You might get 47 pec for them in a trade or maybe just 39 pec. Cheapest you could list them on auction for is 1 ped, resulting in a markup of 322.58%. It might get sold and your profit will be around 19 pec then, after you paid the 50 pec to list those. Setting the buyout to enabled allows them to be sold at any moment and not having to wait the full 7 days or whatever time you had chosen. If it won't sell there the 50 pec fee is gone and it has only cost you.

That markup you see is also based on sales of all planets. Could be things sold on calypso for example sold for less than they would have on arkadia or the other way around.

Best is look at the current offers in the auction for arkadia and base your streetprice on that. Keep the 50 pec auction fee in mind though, that is included in markup sales history. If you sell to a reseller/trader keep in mind they need to profit on the deal a bit as well to make it viable for them. Also it's a good idea to figure out how the markup graph works that you can view as well. Sometimes spikes up or down indicate market manipulation, seeing amounts sold at out of the ordinary prices.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zont

Zont Member

I will try it out :) Hope i get it :)