1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hell should I hunt?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by WhiningSkeptic, Apr 17, 2015.

1. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Since I got tired of 5$ sending nude pics of himself in a slightly offensive manner in an attempt to get me here so I decided to give in and move back to Arkadia. I've been here before but after getting stuck in the bar I decided to leave...

So; I need help picking mobs. I am looking for something in the size and style of argos, feffs, traesk, armax. Or thereabouts. Pure acid/electric mobs would work aswell, these can be bigger.

I want an IFN mission with a last stage that is repeatable and contributes towards laser hit/dmg. A mob with small variations in hp between maturities would be nice, since the mission rewards are based on it.

I don't hunt taxed unless there is a hell of a reward program that is beneficial for me. I didn't pay 20+ thousands for eco gear just to give 5% away.

I am fat and thus hate running. Dense spawns would be nice.

Every bit of advice is appreciated. Browsing the forum and entropedia but really hard to come to conclusions as my experience is limited to shooting carabooks with a rocket launcher.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  2. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Is kamaldon too big for you?
    2300 HP

Stage 6 rewards perception 128 ped tt

3. littleswampymonster

Riptor is another good option
    960 HP
    reward is range damage 40 ped

4. WhiningSkeptic

That seems like a better option. I'm trying to hunt using ES armor for the additional crit damage together with accuracy enhancers. Downside is that I don't want to get hit very much and only have 50ish dps. I'll give them a go and see how it fares.

Thanks for the tip, more suggestions welcome. :)

5. littleswampymonster

Anytime only down side is that they are very aggressive, kinda easy to get swarmed.

Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. WhiningSkeptic

You don't happen to know their aggro range?

Guess I'll need to buy a tagger, and another amp... It never ends...

7. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

• Like Like x 1
  8. San

San Well-Known Member

Oratan. There is quite a variety of different mobs within the family which all count for the same missions. Pretty unique. Check Entropedia for damage types. Mobs with only one damage type hardly exist on Ark (except impact), but a number of species, esp. the cats have special types mixed in (like Halix, Madana - acid, Korwil - cold etc). The Riptor is probably best described as Ark's equivalent of Atrox, while the majority of species here has a notably lower aggro range. Well you've been around and know where to find that kind of info, so here you are a friendly welcome :penguin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. San

San Well-Known Member

Caly is more dangerous on average, while Ark seems a bit richer in high hp mobs that take more brute force to wear them down. If you are well equipped for hunting on Caly, then you hardly should be forced to buy new stuff too soon. Maybe check out the Pulsar plates (esp. 8) if you're used to 5b's, though I hardly imagine one hasn't come across them on Caly as well.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  10. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mutated nusul as it has one hell of a reward program.

Oratan is good.. but other than maybe hadraada with about 80dps, you won't be able to hunt anything on arkadia with ES.

11. WhiningSkeptic

Hmm...

Crap. That's bad news. I guess I could try some normal hunting, but my eco will drop to shit.

12. atomicstorm

You could do mutated nusul or regular nusul too in ES. I should try that actually. Long as you have the dps. Their hopping animation makes them a bit slow.

Definitely can't do ubo riptor oweko or any beladoth otorugi zadul variant. They are too fast.

Losing earth shock benefit won't drop your eco unless you are loaded up on accuracy enhancers .. but then you are sacrificing dps.

13. WhiningSkeptic

That's exactly what I'm doing. Going with damage enhancers instead I'd gain about 30dps but eco would drop to roughly 2.915 or so which would be horrible compared to the 3.185 I've been tracking. Both numbers including enhancers.

14. atomicstorm

Seems there needs to be balance between turnover and eco. I'm not convinced that going full balls eco is worth it.

15. WhiningSkeptic

Neither am I at the moment... Trying to sell some crap to get me a Vincent DPS which would make a lot more mobs doable. Going slow though.

Anyways, at Arkadia now. All missions accepted. Time to go hunting.

16. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Hellcome to Arkadia! :)

And best of luck with your hunts, no matter what mobs you'll choice. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. atomicstorm

I'd go blp and pick up a calytrek ten unless you want to eventually wield a mm or imk2 variant.

18. WhiningSkeptic

I don't like the Calytrek for a few reasons. Going from Mod LR53 to Vincent DPS feels like the right path, after that next step would probably be Imk2. The Vincent has slightly better eco, more dps and better range than the LR53 so would probably make quite a difference.

After Calytrek next step is slugstorm at 80. while the imk2 can be used a bit earlier than that.

19. atomicstorm

It can.. but not sure it was a wise decision for me yet. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Talania

Talania Member

I would think Huon Young would be the closest match to something similar to Argo except a bit more health. Nemesis armor with no plates would work well with them. All mobs on Arkadia have a faster attack rate then similar level mobs anywhere else so expect more defensive costs.