1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texturing

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by thelegend77, May 11, 2013.

1. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

How do I texturize stuff? Is there a tool?

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

1) Ziplex T100 Texturizer (L)
    2) Skills, to use the textures (same as weapons/tools etc..)
    3) textures, enough* to get good results with your maxed textures.

If you don't have any of these there are players who offer services like this, I'm one of them(see my signature) and there are others too check: Tailoring, Coloring & Textures

*323 textures to get 100% close to always with a maxed texture (90% tt is returned as ped)

Edit: coloring works the same way but with a separate tool

3. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

How do i start from 0 skills?

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Start with basic hides to make generic leather texture. Very hard to sell those hides anyway. Then make some furniture or clothes that have the Customisable (C) attribute and apply the textures. If you have some cheap paints you can do some colour skilling at the same time. You will probably have to TT the end result so really all this is going to cost you money. It might be better to pay others to texture the things your want textured.

5. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

Haha this is interesting. Its kinda rare to find a texturiser. I could take it up as a profession. can someone be like my guide in game and teach me.

6. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Dont know what to add after KJ other then you dont need to craft (C) items you can use the universal Limited blueprint books to skill at start.

Add me in game if you like some more guidance

7. thelegend77

thelegend77 Member

good point alric. jenifer sure will

8. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

I'd like to chip in about generic leather texture. It's quite a good texture (IMHO) to practice your crafting skills on by making (providing you can get hold of the BP) because generic leather is quite cheap - animal hide, which is what makes it, drops from just about any mob. However, actually applying it requires quite high skills - texturer level 10, IIRC.

As far as I know, the only texture from Arkadian sources that can be efficiently used by a beginner is carabok hide. I'm no expert, though. Also, carabok texture is quite expensive - probably (at least in part) for this precise reason.

9. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

for skilling purposes you can apply any texture, regardless of level, but the results will look less than stellar if you don't meet the lvl requirements. So no need to stress about level if you are planning to TT the final result.