1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop the "rare" spam!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Oleg, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

This is seriously doing my head in now.

90%+ of the items on the so-called "rare item" HoF list are Arkadia items that are clearly not in the least bit rare.

Even neverdie and rocktropia have stopped this kind of ridiculous spamming, but Arkadia are still doing it.

Stop it! Stop it now!

Makes me want to punch a wall.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. slither

slither Active Member

agree, please stop it.

3. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

I agree, the so called rare HOFs are not just meaningless they are having a detrimental effect on player morale.
    Instead of getting a thrill when the big swirly comes when I am crafting, I groan and look to see what I have been insulted with this time. Then head to the TT to dump it.
    It's making HOFs as pointless as 10 ped Globals
    Neither increase player retention, as both have removed the sense of achievement that players used to get when they finally hit the big one. Older players will remember their first global as well as first HOF, they can tell you what, where and when even 7 yrs later. Most newer players cant remember, even if it was only in the last 7 weeks, as it no longer has no special meaning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. San

San Well-Known Member

It was probably an attempt at player motivation, but it backfires when there is no real substance behind it. Apart from the letdown after realizing what you just got swirled for, i.m.o. the worst is that it tricks you into believing you can actually sell it, and as little as it is you're looking forward to it. With the first Corvus part I got I lost three consecutive auction listing fees before I finally gave up and TT'd it anyway. It takes that experience to arrive at being able to be cool about it, but it still chips away at your good mood every time. The sense of betrayal far exceeds the little amount of money actually involved, why this is so I have no idea but a psychologist might have an explanation. Little things like that can trigger decisions with bigger economic impact, like walking away from the market until you gain enough confidence to try again. Therefore subscribing to the plea, no more fanfare for that kind of stuff.

And while we're at it, I also don't like the brouhaha when someone buys their smuggler clothes. It's not rare when all it takes to get it is coughing up the money. Besides, blasting out to the world that you've just joined an underground organization is kind of counterintuitive. The little cult it has established by greeting them in chat with "welcome to the dark side" is funny, but I much prefer having it in my own hands to decide if and when it be known. Thanks :)

5. SirMixaLot

SirMixaLot Member

yes this kind of super swirlies makes one angry with programmers as it is not either a global or hof .
    got a lot of those lately thinking finally i got some pay out but then scrolling to find that big amount of peds ending up as a big question mark
    that is a real annusense.
    brocko.

6. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

This has already been addressed, however as you all know you'll have to wait until a PP VU to see the results.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

Thank you in advance and looking forward to the change :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Excellent, thanks for letting us know. I was hoping this was the case as it's been quite a while now since we had a proper VU. In the meantime having a rant has helped me :D

Can you give us any idea when the next VU will be? I know it's always subject to change etc etc.

9. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Because of the bold part I wont say anything but not in the too distant future if you look historically

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Spawn

Spawn Active Member

We can't help it that your bald. Giev Giev VU update date!