1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to look more & more like a Job

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Louise Ranavolana Brooks, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

I came across a way to discover the value of items I own here & was amazed to find everything came to 15K in peds.

Where for Heaven's sake? I am like those farmers - asset rich but dirt poor in practice. I come online, I play I deposit funds to purchase peds & strongboxes - to enable me to buy ammo; repair essential equipment; upgrade stuff & yes purchase clothes I maybe don't really need. A Colonist Jump suit would do (and yes I had to have all colours - except white, cannot afford the animal adrenal oil necessary - at this time). I also TT stuff & even auction stuff - but I hate the fluffing around.
    Despite the "wealth" I seem to have I am always short - so out comes Bankcard transferring RL money to entropia stuff.

I was convinced by a friend that I have to spend a lot more time acquiring a knowledge of the value of stuff here - not only now, but how it can change if/when MA does certain things. Hold for the future or sell - maybe even buy now.
    I have a zoo full of pets that came in the strongboxes - I am sick to death of them, some may even be valuable. I have heaps of fireworks - I could light up the skies of Arkadia if necessary :(
    (I leave them on mountain tops as a surprise for anybody silly enough to climb them)

Looks like I have to sit down, list the worth of all these things I own, check AH & TT, anticipate stuff. Then find out how to sell them.
    This is like a job that I escape from to play here.
    I would love to play the part of Don Juan of Austria - but looks like the role I have to be aware of is one who buys & sells
    Bugger capitalism live for Glory \o/

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

funny how my total seems to float around 15k too..

Same problem here, and when I get stuck or bored or frustrated I buy my way out of trouble.

Squish the pets for essence, use the usefull fireworks and tt the pretty ones.

it's a free to play game that cost money to enjoy is how I look at it, and now and again you get a big prize so that you can withdraw dollars.

If it end's up being a job then screw this I'm off to play online poker tournaments

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

Good advice :) I did that; the flashy but useless fireworks are TT'd. And its funny I see that sort offered in AH for the same price?? What gives one would get the same amount less commission, and not straight away.

I cannot bring myself to squash pets - I know this is a game, and I have "killed" people in PvP - but sending a kitten to the glue factory - I cannot do it :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

give them to me I will "deal" with them lol

5. wournos

wournos Active Member

The job aspect is why I only log in 2-3 times a month.
    But I keep coming back because I still want to experience being a more advanced character than I am today.

One day....

6. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

wanna get rid of your pets? Hmm, that can be arranged :D

7. Lizzy Storm

Lizzy Storm Active Member

Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew.

Oh wait, wrong fantasy world...

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. San

San Well-Known Member

In a fantasy world we can do a lot of things which are a little, er, edgy in the real world. Like going on never-ending killing sprees, etc. Time to invent some new recipes to make the game more interesting?

http://www.cookyourpet.com/frames_intro.htm

Edit: Noticed too late that this actually belongs to another thread... but lacking a better idea than to leave it.

• Funny Funny x 1