1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starter Pack Price Increase

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Lightz, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

So, the starter packs on the webshop have just seen a jump in price. The contents still remain the same, they just cost more now.

Bronze: $5 -> $10
    Silver: $15 -> $20
    Gold: $40 -> $60

Thoughts on this? Anyone purchased more than one starter pack so far?

2. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Hmmmm thats not good ;( unless theres in increase in ped stack or stuff were not yet seeing.

They were good value before but now with $ exchange rates against both the Euro & £ then this might be even harder to convince new arrivals to invest.

I have both the Gold and Bronze packs - Its harder to skill up at higher levels and so skill pills are quite nice - also the vehicle in the gold pack since release is still going well and more or less full TT.

3. RavenJade

RavenJade Active Member

I noticed the increase... and also that some other planets have starter packs now. Would be nice to see Ark have a starter pack.

Although, I think there is some sort of problem with the webshop with paypal right now, as I bought one of the other planet starter packs this afternoon and as of yet, still haven't received it. I've purchased from the webshop a number of times and have never had a problem until today.

I t hink 60 bucks for the gold starter pack is too much. If they've raised the price they should increase what you receive in it. That's just my 2 pec though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I have heard from a friend that when he ordered the RT started pack he had to wait two weeks for it because of a bug/problem. So, currently I wouldn't even invest in a started pack. (besides the fact I got no paypal or credit card. I would've bought a starter pack sooner if I could use my normal payment options.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

Yeah, the RT starter pack had issues where it wasn't delivered, that's why they took it down from the webshop some weeks ago. I would have thought that the issue would be fixed before they put it back up.

6. RavenJade

RavenJade Active Member

Nope, it took me having to fly over to RT and then relog before I got my stuff. And yes I tried relogging on ark when I bought it, and moving to a new server and it didn't help. So def a bug in the webshop.

I still vote for Ark to get a starter pack.. I'd get one in support of Ark :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. toecutter

toecutter Active Member

My guess would be that (MA) probably sells "to many" of them with the previous prices and are testing the market and adjusting accordingly? However that being said I fully agree with this considering how creative the dev team is on this planet;

...so +1! :)