1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starter mission bug.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by May, May 30, 2014.

1. May

May Active Member

The Barman at the New player Arrival Hangar seems kinda bugged.
    He does not say anything to the newbies, but does have the 'mission available' sign over his head.

I've been sitting there telling newcomers to re-log, and for most that seems to fix the problem.
    But others were wandering about Ark, not knowing where to go for their starter missions.
    And reporting it here is probably not their priority atm. View attachment 9499

Btw, one starter also had a problem with the visuals: everything was gray, except when staring at the floor.
    His graphic settings were all on low, and fiddling with them didn't help.
    No clue what to do about that, though that's probably totally unrelated.

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

the grey thing is the low graphics. Tim gets the same on his old laptop.

3. May

May Active Member

Ah, that would make sense; probably crashed when turning them all up then.
    I'll tell him when/if he logs back in.

4. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Thanks may, we'll look into it

5. May

May Active Member

Thanks, that would help a lot.
    Because the majority of the affected people I tried to contact later on, to ask if they had any more problems with this bug, have remained offline.

The bug appears to be Universe wide, for instance in the Calypso Gateway.
    (On the Rookie chat, starters regularly appear confused/frustrated with their first experience in-game. Because they can't talk to the NPC for the gun mission; they walk out of the Crystal Cave. In a following mission they receive ammo, and are told to start hunting mobs. But without a gun that's of course impossible .
    The only way they can get back into the Crystal Cave, is with the assistance of an established player, who can fly them in.)

Luckily some are helped, and can continue the game. But I'm guessing there are also some newbies who don't read Rookie, don't dare/want to ask for help, and/or just write the game off as unplayable.

At least on Arkadia new starters don't have this added problem.
    But this bug, coupled with the sound bug, might give a very bad impression to those who installed this game for the first time. (I've been asked a couple of times if this game was still in beta.) And people who leave, don't tend to write support cases.

It just seems such a waste of the advertising efforts.
    That some people leave because they don't like the game itself, is normal: it's quite an acquired taste after all. View attachment 9526
    But losing players because of (these) technical issues, seems a bit unnecessary?

6. May

May Active Member

Awesome, it seems this problem has been fixed for the Arkadian NPC's. Thanks! View attachment 9546