1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spawn Rate on Event Area 2 Really Low

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Medeina, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

Carabooks and Gallards. Hosted an event today, still running as I type. Estimate about 15-20 people showed up. The area was cleared of mobs in 15 minutes. A handful would spawn now and then after that, but not enough even for one person to do a time effective hunt. Event quickly turned to an Easter egg hunt. Everyone was...is...pretty bummed out.

I've been running bi-weekly events on Event Area 2 for the last month. First one on 01 June was great. Had a comparable amount of participants and everyone was hunting the entire time and there were ample mobs for all. Spawn rate had become nerfed on the 15 June event, but I didn't report that. And it's still a problem.

I'll also be submitting a support case to MA asap.

Big bummer that the spawn rate was finally fixed, now is nerfed again.

Medeina

2. May

May Active Member

Aw, that sucks!

I missed this event, but I remember the last (hunting) event had enough spawn.
    Such a shame it has gone back to 'who can find any mob to kill'. View attachment 9690

Hopefully it can be fixed once again.

---

A general question though:
    From some posts here and there, I understood that the PP have to pay for each Support Ticket pertaining their planet.
    Is this true?

And if so; should I still send a Support ticket too?
    Since they seem to label the importance of an issue, by the amount of tickets received on the subject.

3. Medeina

Medeina Member

I recall hearing this also, but not from any official source. If true, it's kind of a weird situation. Should I only post bugs/issues here on PAF (a lot of times it's something on MA's end and A-Team have to contact them anyway), or do I also submit a support case to MA to get things moving faster? (Unless it's something that's obviously Arkadia specific -- ie. items). Especially since it's as you say, May, that an issue tends to be moved up the list if more people report it.

Now I'm unsure whether or not to feel bad about contacting MA too. lol But my impression is that they control spawn rates.

4. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I have heard from multiple sources that PP is charged per support ticket sent.

I know it's weird when MA is the one who controls alot of things,

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I don't believe that. Just one of those unfounded forum rumors, I expect. If it WERE true, the PPs would be getting majorly ripped off, because support is useless.

6. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Once was in rocktropia forum where I think it was neverdie himself who mentioned it. I have also heard from other sources that it is true.

EDIT :

http://www.neverdie.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18205&page=7&p=51339#post51339

There was at least one other post where he mentioned that they get charged per ticket (maybe he implied the stuff which is not "basic"). I think was around the Apocalypse VU release for rocktropia.

7. May

May Active Member

Interesting...
    At least it appears that the PP's do get charged for Support.
    Now if that is actually per ticket is not really clear.
    There is a lot of room for interpretation. What is considered 'basic support' and 'extra stuff'?

'Basic support' could mean, any tickets send in by all accounts that started on the PP / are currently on the PP.
    Or only tickets that are not a direct consequence of issues with MA (regulated) features.
    Or that every new issue falls under 'basic', and subsequent tickets about the same issue are not charged again.

And the 'extra stuff' could mean: for issues about special PP created events; things that are not standard.
    It could even mean, those tickets where no standard answer/solution is sufficient. And some actual actions have to be taken (coding / in-game). (The "sending it to the appropriate department" cases.)

But each parameter implemented would add to the workload.
    And since this Support is not very sophisticated, it might also be a much simpler approach.
    Like a flat rate to have the access, and be included in the Universal Support. (Though the meaning of 'extra stuff' remains vague.)
    Because even when the Support mails are send with the PP's name; it's all coming on/from the big MA pile.
    Not even to mention the quality that's delivered for that fee. View attachment 9697

As long I can only see Neverdie (and no other Devs) as the source: I'm going to assume that this is a part of the PP's and MA's agreement, that is not supposed to be detailed public knowledge.
    Though who knows: perhaps this falls under the 'improved communications'? View attachment 9698

But more practically: I'm still not sure if I should also send a Support Ticket, about the terrible re-spawn at AEA2, and encourage others to do so, or not?

8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Sorry but I'm going to need more than a vague post from ND and forum rumors before I believe that PPs are charged for each support ticket. (ND seems to say they only pay a flat rate meaning it is not per ticket... but I'm not even certain he was talking about customer support, it seems to me he's referring to programming support to fix bugs.)

How about... if you find a bug or issue in game, you send a support ticket, but don't try to start a "support" campaign where you convince all your friends to send in support tickets on issues they are not directly involved with.

9. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

IIRC even David said they are charged for support case players sent, either in forum or interview I forgot. Or is that Mindstar9 on EP? forgot.

10. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I have asked David directly about this when I first read ND's post about PP support costs. David admitted that they are charged for support per ticket. Maybe next time I meet him, will ask more, assuming it's not covered in some sort of NDA.

With what ND has said about basic support, I assume basic support covers generic stuff like "can't log in", "stuck" , "deposit issues", "client crashing" etc.

And maybe most other things will get the PP charged per ticket.

11. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

what was the report this thread was about now again... :huh:

12. Medeina

Medeina Member

Seems to have gone a tad off-topic. Good discussion and all, but issue is the terrible spawn rate on Event Area 2, not whether a PP pays for support tickets.

13. Medeina

Medeina Member

Bump. I did get an automated and not helpful response from MA last week. Wondering if there's anything actually been done behind the scenes since then. I want to start running puny events again but will not chance it until I can get some official reassurances that things are ok.

The other three public event areas are not low-level player friendly. Event area 3 would be great if the riptors were replaced by small zadul or the like. They are rather mismatched with the low maturity tiarak. And if one didn't need to run through beladoth to get here from Dauntless Firebase Academy. Need a flying vehicle to safely get over them.