1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space; The Final Frontier

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by Bandido, May 13, 2013.

1. Bandido

Bandido Member

Hello all you great Arkadian Advisors !!

I recently bought a Quad in order to explore Space and hopefully kill some galactic monsters. come to find out I needed a thruster, bought it. then it turns out I need some sort of weapon which I need to buy yet. I did not know all these added expenditures involved.

Before I go any further on any Space adventure; can someone tell me what else can I expect as far as going into the heavens. I know it's PvP and that I can be looted. but can I make a living in the Cosmos?

Where do I purchase weapons and ammo for the Quad?

What sort of loot can I look foward to from Space Mobs?

How bad is the Piracy since I plan on being a good Spaceman not an Evil one.

2. Dusk

Dusk New Member

I think from memory the weapon you need is the Kismet, available at auctions. Ammo is the standard Trade Terminal stuff, not the BLP.

Piracy tends to be at its worst around Calypso space station, although I'm sure Arkadia's equivalent will have its own pirates too. If I was you I'd go up to space just to fly without stackables and get a feel for your quad first, going as far as seeing how good you are at evading pirates (not actively going after them but seeing how well you can defend yourself when they find you). You'll also need an RK-5(L) repair tool and welding wire (around 51k per RK-5(L) tool if memory serves me correctly). This wire is a rare stackable that cannot be looted in space, and is used to repair your quad after its been damaged/destroyed.

The other thing is the loot up there can be rather volatile, so only spend what you can afford to lose.

Good luck and have fun.

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Thank you Dusk and thank you very much for your post.

I do have the repair kit and welding wire that I've been using on the VTOL and Jeep. I did go into Space lastnight but before that I had to download Space itself which I didn't know. after the download I went to the Arkadian Space Station which seems to be just a hanger with a TP. my question here is if I can port to all the other Planets from that teleport? because it shows on the Navigator.

The Controls are sort of jerky. it took me half an hour just to place the Quad inside the SP then I crashed once inside. but I'll get better at it......I hope.

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

You can't Teleport to other planets from the space station, you have to fly there regardless of where it is. From Ark to Caly takes about 40-45 mins depending on start and end point and whether you take a straight line or not.

5. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Actually the only items that can be looted in space are items in Resources and Materials sections of your inventory and only the stack-able items which I believe is most all items that can go in those two sections.

Welding Wire has been moved to the Tools section of your inventory which makes it safe to carry in space, you can also carry other stack-able items in other inventory area's like ammo, explosive projectiles, mind essence, enhancers, etc. safely, because they do not get placed in the Resources and Materials sections of the inventory.

GL up there, it can be fun and aggravating at the same time, just need to find that medium ground to make it enjoyable :D