1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space: possible worst case scenarios

Discussion in 'Space' started by Smoerble, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Need your input: Worst case scenarios in space?

Ok, please help me to understand this correct.

If I am a normal passenger and I land in space, I am lootable. Only stackables except ammo is lootable, so my armour and stuff is safe. But If I bring ores/enamtters form one planet to another (as example) and I land in space, anyone who kills me, can loot this.

I see 2 evil scenarios now, please give your constructive input if this is possible or if I miss something:

Auuming:
    Pilots can eject me any time into space. This could lead into:

1) Pilot asks for 10 PEDs to bring me to different planet. After flying 10 secs, he asks me for 200 PEDs or I will get kicked out. Result -> paid 10 PEDs and stay on home planet.

2) Pilot tells a friend that he will ckick me out and his friend kills me.

Plus a lot of possible variations of this.

A pilot's reputation might be harmed by this, but
    a) a pilot can do 100 good flights and one evil flight, rep is still great
    b) a lot players will not eb aware of the problems that come with this

Please give your input if I see something wrong.

2. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I think you see it right, but i dont see the problem by actually pilots which means hangar owners by years.... i think the "old" pilots would deliver a good work but i fear most honest player will sell the hangars now....the problem is if i pimp my VTOL myself to do a flight in space i can offer to take a passenger with me and that will be a "market" for scammers in the way you wrote it :(

3. Lezardine

Lezardine Active Member

You can only kick a player out in space if you're a Mothership Pilot.
    4-wingeds hunters and VTOL's don't support this "kick you out in space" feature :)

4. Lezardine

Lezardine Active Member

Oops, Mod, we got a bug here, it's the second time today that I have the "you have to wait 30 sec between 2 posts" when I actually try to post only once :(
    Result is double post as I try to post after a while, thinking the first one didn't go.
    I have terrible connection speed here today, maybe this is the cause? :(

5. Ty Williams

Ty Williams Member

!Random Thought!

Mindark Controls Calypso = Calypso gets their Own Armada??

Arkadia Needs One Also..

6. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

Space is lootable PvP everywhere.

Oh wait, damn :D

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I'll check it out, but the same thing was happening to me from work as we had connection issues there too.

8. Mac76

Mac76 New Member

Is space really lootable PVP? The only reference I saw was in the front page article of PCF, where it said "PVP fighting in the entire universe except in the parking zones outside the space stations." PVP doesn't mean lootable - consider most of Amethera. Just my opinion, but if all of space is lootable, it'll likely end up with the same amount of activity as the zones on planets - and it seems like an awful lot of work to entertain a few dozen people :)

9. Lezardine

Lezardine Active Member

Thx Snape, hehe Forum team as reactive as A-Team :p

10. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

We have been cut off from Calypso, now we are truely on our own. We need to establish a safe trading service! Ie one ship to transport traders and goods and fighters to protect it!

11. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

My full respect to traders that will take the risk. For myself I can't imagine I would do so. I'll try to life without ressources that can't be find on Arkadia. Not sure that will work, but beeing independed on Arkadia would be a nice thing.

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

We aim to please!

13. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Have You checked on auc after VU? There's own pages for Arkadia and Arkadia Underground... also a separate section for Space...

I hope I'm not wrong with this one.

I was thinking that maybe we still have a one common auc across the universe - Space Auc.pages

I'm sure every spacestation has it's auc-terminal, right? Not been there in person, but would make sense. Then if You have some stackables or items that You would like to get wider buyer-base than just Arkadia, one could place it on auc on nearest spacestation and anyone wanting to buy it, needs just get to their nearest spacestation, bid on it or use BO and deal done?

True, just speculation at this point, but still...

-- Hyssch --

14. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

Taken from MA release notes on PCF

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...213426-Entropia-Universe-12.0.0-Release-Notes

Looting Ships and Avatars

The whole space, except in the parking zones outside the space stations, is a lootable PvP area where you can battle your opponents. To loot one or several avatars, after you have destroyed the ship, you have to kill them during the time the avatars are floating around in space - before they choke and return to a revive terminal. You can see the avatars from the markers visible above them.

Note that you can now loot the destroyed vehicle's Inventory

I don't mind the lootable pvp tbh, but cross planet trade just got real hairy, also transfering storage from planet to planet. :)

15. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

That's a possibility. With this, I could fly with my own VTOl up there if needed... still the auc fees would be a killer for the planets... twice auction fees plus profit means very high price for goods from other planets...

16. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

One thing that crossed my mind is that MA have not stated afaik that just stackables are looted, probably an oversight in the post but worth requesting clarification before going up there.

17. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Good point Dibbler!

I hope lootable-space plays with the same rules as we've used to on Calypso atm.

-- Hyssch--