1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some conserns about MU history not being spilt between plannets

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Fopsie, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

After taking a look at the Arkadia inport list and checking the items markup in the auction for Calypso and Arkadia I'm a bit conserned about the MU not being split between planets.

The thing I fear is that the MU being shared between planets will lead to hyper inflasion till the market reaches it's own dot com.
    The problem I see with this is that the export planet will keep upping the price because the markup apears to increased for the item on that planet while its actualy the standard import fee traders have placed on the item in the auction of the import planet causing the trader to have to buy it for even higher on the export planet and sell even higher on the import planet just making this go into a loop till the bubble pops.

For example. I buy lyst for 110% on Calypso and sell for 120% on Arkadia and everything sells on Arkadia while about the same ammount sells on Calypso for 110% pushing the market value up by 5%. Now next time I go to Calypso everyone is selling for 115% and I have to sell for 125% on Arkadia again just to maintain the same income from the risk. Now everything has sold on Arkadia for 125% and about the same on Calypso for 115% bumping the market value on Calypso up again causing another sycle of inflasion till it eventual fails.

MA may have some rules on the server to eventual even this out by oversupplying the market with that item but only time will tell if this will happen or not.

With a model where all planets share the collective markup of the item is there truely a seperation between the markets ?

Im all for inflasion but is this realy the best way of doing it ?

2. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

I think other natural economic factors will come into play naturally to curb the inflation you're concerned about.

3. Calin

Calin Member

I think we should be able to filter MU history by planet. It would give a much more accurate picture and would also promote interplanetary trade.

4. ermik

ermik Member

The MU should show for the planet you are on by default , but a scroll list ( much like the one to choose wich planets auction to watch ) where you could choose planet to check MU for would be nice.

This is needed for the interplanetary trade to come to life.

cheers

ermik

5. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

I have been trying to tell the same thing at Calypso forum. Maybe we should open an Ask Mindark thread about it at Entropia forum

6. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I think the dust is still settling. I was planning to import a lot, but have seen most items on Arkadia. The MU will be self limiting overall, things just need time to settle. Until all the Motherships have been released and the hangars activated, space is still an unknown. Even Space auction house isnt active yet, which potentially I guess means all you need to do is fly up to the space station and put item on space auction and access to all....a guess at the moment.
    I suspect things will be quiet until August when MA, is back from Holidays.

7. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Without knowing how many items are being sold on Ark or any individual planet were left in the dark as to where the most demand is and if it's even needed on the planet we're currently on.

We risk losing fees everytime we place an item on auction and may also risk moving stacks through pvp unnecessarily as we don't have the relevent information.

8. Darkaner

Darkaner Member

I say remove auction history and put a 1 ped flat fee on auction items, like it was in the old days... Man it was fun to trade back then. And profitable.

9. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

That would increase cost and risk for low and mid level hunters/miners. bzzt