1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSS Feed Social-Interface-Preview

Discussion in 'Entropia Release Notes' started by ArkadiaBot, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ArkadiaBot

ArkadiaBot Bringer of News PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Social Interface Preview

Over the last several months, MindArk’s design and development teams have put lots of effort into developing a new unified social interface to improve the communication and social features of Entropia Universe. Some of the top features the new social interface offers include offline messaging, item linking, and custom chat channels.
    See below for an overview of the new social interface features that will be implemented in the forthcoming partner release, scheduled for Tuesday, March 18. (Please note that this is a quick overview of the new social interface and does not cover all of the new features and functionality that are planned to be released, or that will be added in future releases).

View attachment 9142

Message Center
    The new Message Center component is where all of your messages and conversations with other avatars are stored, as well as various system messages. The filter buttons along the top of the Message Center allow you to control the types of message displayed in the main content section. The Message Center can be collapsed to edge of the screen at anytime, and will display a small counter to indicate the number of unview items.

Conversations
    The new mail interface is accessible from the Message Center. In it you will be able to send messages to multiple recipients as well as to offline avatars. Like many popular modern mail interfaces, it will also display longer message exchanges in a single conversation thread.

Contacts
    The Friends List is now known as Contacts and includes all of the former functionality as well as several exciting new features. For example, you can now set your availability status, such as available, busy, or do not disturb. You can also add a note with information about yourself that other avatars can see, and view more detailed information about avatars in your Contacts list. Like the Message Center, the Contacts module can be minimized to the edge of the screen.

Chat
    The chat interface has been entirely reworked, with many new features added. The chat module now supports multiple tabs and the ability to create private or public custom chat channels. You can also configure each custom chat tab to only display the information you wish to see in that tab, such as society chat, global messages, system messages, private chat conversations and more. The chat interface now also supports linking of items in messages to other avatars.

All chat tabs can either be docked in the main Chat module, or dragged out individually and placed anywhere on the screen.

Finally, a new default Rookie channel has been implemented which will serve as a place where new arrivals to Entropia Universe can seek help and advice from more experienced participants.

HOF Ticker
    Located above the Chat module, the new HOF ticker scrolls through the latest large loots, Hall of Fame and Discovery messages. The same information is also available in the Message Center if you wish to take a closer look at recent events that appear here.

Originally posted here...

2. May

May Active Member

Woop, the anticipated new Social Interface. :D
    Looks nice, and there is offline messaging! Since I'm (again) not able to make EU work, I'm looking forward to that feature.

Also curious about "linking of items in messages", what does that mean?
    You can link an item you have in a message, and the addressee can then see it? So you can show stuff to somebody on another planet?

Lot's of tinkering and getting used to awaits us: hopefully it will be a smooth introduction.
    Maybe I'll somehow be able to get in-game for the partner release to see it for myself. ;)

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I must admit, I'm looking forward to this update. There's a number of functions I would find particularly handy from a business point of view. That said, its a shame that it is only now being introduced to EU.....as its been a staple feature in a number of other games for a fair while.

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

what scares me a little
    I sure hope we can remove this and any other things (like separate hof ticker) we don't want to clutter up our screens. and just open it as usual when we want to check these things.

I want a nice and clear screen when I play don't take this option away from me and others

5. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

ohhh finally offline messaging :D

6. Svarog

Svarog Member

Exactly. Interesting there's no that new skill progress toolbar anywhere on the screen, maybe it's finally possible to hide it. Or maybe it's just a very old screenshot :)

7. Caillend Ceres

Caillend Ceres Member

Isn't that skill toolbar hidden by default and you can activate it? (if we talk about this little window with the 3 bars in it for the skillgains?)

On Topic: On the one side, i like the new chat, on the other side i hate it.

I mean, you now have this basic "Whisper" function, but i still want the old popup windows, simply because it's easier to not fail PM in the wrong chat. And it's easier to follow a convo if you have those windows.

The good thing about the chat: I can finally create a chat for viewers of my and other streams so we always have this chat in-game to announce streams to the people or to answer questions and do a propper discussion in-game.

8. Svarog

Svarog Member

No, I mean the little black square thing with buttons in the corners to open Professions, Skills, and the panel you mentioned.

9. May

May Active Member

Luckily that little black square thingie can already be hidden.
    If you look at the images here, you can see that at the start it was still in all the screenshots, but in the end everyone was able to hide it.

So hopefully the new additions will all be hide-able from the start. :)

10. Svarog

Svarog Member

Yeah, they finally put it on the icons' layers so it can be hidden with other icons to make nice screenshots, that's a good improvement. But I mean to hide it forever without hiding other icons (note that on the OP pic the other icons aren't hidden). Not much use to track your skills when you get like 1 skill point in a day :)

Not a big deal, I'm just too meticulous when it comes to UIs :p