1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So TP costs?

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Orpheus Clay, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Orpheus Clay

Orpheus Clay New Member

Just wondering if there is any info on the cost to Tp there from calypso?

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

i'd have thought it would be 40ped just like any other planet at the moment, but time will tell i suppose.

3. dude

dude Active Member

Agreed 40 ped would seem to be the norm.

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

40 ped unless they change something once hangars are back.

5. Futurama

Futurama Member

Theoretically hangars should be cheaper... Look at it this way - travelling to CND (FOMA) never costed 25 ped per passenger for a full ship. Pilots took quite a bit of profit there.

6. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

It used to cost 80ped in oil and decay to fly to the -then- CND so with 4 passengers paying 25ped that made 20ped profit or 5ped per person(20%).This was after sometimes standing and waiting many hours first to get to the front of the line to start selling and then filling the ship.

20% is nothing to sneeze at but hardly what I would call 'quite a bit' after waiting in line for 4-5 or more hours in order to get that.

Previously the hangar destinations were all 'satellites' of Calypso so don't be surprised if the decay/oil costs to other planets are higher than what they were for CND/CP.I would be more surprised if MA didnt make it that way.

One thing to remember also is that when the hangars come back they will be nothing more than a building at first,there will be no ship and therefore no means of travel in the first stage of the release.
    The ships and space flight will come after that,It may well be before Arkadia launches but I wouldnt hold my breath on that one.

7. Futurama

Futurama Member

I remember hearing a significantly lower number from someone who flew as well. Anyway, can`t argue much since there is no way to test it and it was long ago.

8. red

red Member

it was significantly lower. jod quotes a return trip not one way.

however, people were much more than willing to pay the 25 ped and wait hours to be able to go - even if there was another who would go right away for less. it was a very strange situation.

hopefully, it'll be better for all, this time around.

9. Futurama

Futurama Member

Ahh, yes, thats what i thought. Well going back w/o passengers is just bad business if you ask me... There were exceptions ofc, for example like morning hours during weekdays and so on. Lots of pilots took passengers down as well, so its not just 5 ped profit from 1 person.

10. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Ah yes I'm sorry.

I am remembering my old figures for a pick up if my ship was not on the planet of departure,my bad.

It was 'bad business' I guess not getting return passengers but most pilots will remember a certain couple of line pilots who refused to leave cnd without a completely full ship and taking a small loss in profit 'trapping' all pilots on CND for hours (and making the whole flying experience a complete pita for both pilots and passengers)whilst there was 4 or more people waiting in twins.So sometimes flying down empty was done out of necessity.You had to allow for situations like this also.Like any business when you come to deciding a retail price there is more than just the wholesale price of an item you have to allow for to make it viable.

Even at that rate it would still take 3-4years of solid 8 hour days to recoup the initial purchase price of the business which is pretty much inline with any RL business.
    As most full time pilots will tell you its not physically demanding,they are not shifting bricks all day but it can be extremely tedious at times and those guys did have to work for their money.A lot of people tried to do it but just couldn't be bothered once they realised what it was actually like,thats also why there was only ever a dozen or so full time pilots out of the 70 hangars in game.

I'm sure there will be room to move on the price in the future but that will depend on what MA does with the flying costs.

11. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Hmmmm TP costs, it is getting harder to stay on one planet. 40Ped trips are getting costly, I hope the prices come down soon...

12. Manny

Manny Member

Prices won't come down because they are regulated by MA, set so PP's won't cannibalize each others player base.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool though, because i'd certainly like that :D Maybe with the deployment of hangars traveling will become cheaper. Then again, probably not...

13. red

red Member

travel by spaceship is suppose to be cheaper than using the teleporter system.

14. Manny

Manny Member

I know that, but it's a free market. MA could leave the TP's between planets at 40 PED, and pilots could charge even more if with the "changes" in hangars and ships they'd be the only ones able to take you to (or through?) those places.

15. red

red Member

oh, if it was possible, I'm sure many of them would take you for whatever they could get. however, not all are that way.

I expect the teleport fee will remain. I also expect a portion of it will continue to be divided amongst the hangar owners. and, I expect new hangars to appear on other planets as MA permits their release (proportional to active accounts). it'll be interesting to see how any new hangars are divided between the planets. certainly, calypso has a glut of them.