1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skil implant

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by miteke, May 31, 2013.

1. miteke

miteke Member

Why is it that an empty skill implant costs more that the filled skill implants?

2. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

empty implants are usually around 700-750% lately (not sure on this weeks or todays value exactly)

Skill chips are usually around 800-1200% for the common skills and higher for the rarer and more expensive skills.

What skill chip are you looking at that is cheaper than an ESI?

3. miteke

miteke Member

I see. I wasn't looking at MU. I was comparing filled implats with < 1 PED NW to empty implants >10 PED. Why are all the filled implants so beat up? How do they work? I have a bid out on one and I'm thinking maybe I made a mistake if the PED value is so low.

4. miteke

miteke Member

Do you insert them and then you get the skills and when you extract them are they now empty?

Do you have to leave them in you to keep the benefits?

Can you have different skills in the same implant?

Do you loose the 10% when you fill it at once or when you remove the implant and do you keep the skills while the implant is in?

etc, etc, etc

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Using an empty skill implant fills it with the skill you choose. If you extract less skill than the esi can hold then you end up with one skill implant containing the skill you chose to extract, and an esi but with less TT value, as discussed in another thread. So an implant can either be empty or contain its TT value of exactly one skill. It is during skill extraction that the 10% loss occurs.

When you use a non-empty skill implant, the skill is added to your skills and the implant is fully consumed. The skill is permanently added.

Something else to be aware of if the relationship between skill TT value and the number of points added/extracted. 1 ped TT of skill implant will give you a bigger points boost if you have low skill and less points boost if you have high skill. You can use entropedia skill calculator to see the effect of this.

6. LokoMotive

LokoMotive Member

ok thx that link is usefull:)