1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop issues as a patron

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by KMax, Mar 19, 2012.

1. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I was walking around inside a shop and while walking around in spots I get a graphics glitch I can see through the building and see just the particle effects of the waterfalls and other effects and nothing else, walking around a bit gets me back into the shop graphics.

I also got stuck in the entryway of a shop that the person has set to private, had to use T key to get out.

2. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Yea I had issues in Kikki's shop as well. Got stuck entering and had to hit "T" to get released. Later I tried and go into the shop but later got stuck again. Please look into this so it doesn't effect the guy's selling business.

-Bemo-

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Ack!

Both shops are public access now so hopefully wont be an issue for them? But I've had the same experience with seeing the exterior from some areas in the shop. Most disconcerting.

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

the exterior issues have to be connected to the furniture in some way, as I never had it on Ark before and today when checking out the smurf shop I had that thing happen as often as I'm used to back on Caly.
    So I hope MA can get a fix on furniture so all planets can use it without this annoying thing happen...

5. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Thanks Jenny, it's always very useful to know whether issues are localised on Arkadia or a broader EU issue - saves us chasing our tail.

6. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

ah yes i can second that.

i visited smurf and KJ shops now.

i had also no problem when i watched them without furniture.

since both have furniture in it now it happens that the graphics go mad inside.

and it always happens for me when i get too close to the furniture. the avatar steps on the furniture then and as soon i walk away again and my avatar lands on the ground the graphics go weird.

also the graphic go weird when i stand on the ground and jump up. as soon the avatar lands on the ground again all graphics go weird.

is when the avatar come from the air to the grounds it seems something.

the avatar makes moves looks like if it make knee-bends then until i move again.

7. KikkiJikki

Oh thats what you were doing :)

Watching you leap around I noticed you would disappear from my view for a short period.

I hope people will be able to purchase items off that furniture without things going weird. Else will have to get some offworld shelves and tables.

8. unicorn

ye i was strifeing around^^

well i can look at all items correctly and could push the purchase button.

but i found out a way now that you jump and get the same in a shop without furniture.

is like your avatar is landing and about to fall through the ground.

then the area loads again and i stand in the shop again normally. until i make the jumps again.

so maybe not related to furniture?

9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

As Silvia said you can look and purchase fine so no need to change furniture, and the estates act the same on Caly with their furnitures.
    Sometimes it looks like i will fall to my death from my apt on the 14th floor at Caly so it's a general issue related to estates and/or furniture :(

10. KMax

Also noticed that they installed one way bricks on the out side entrance wall, you can see out of the window but looking in it is just a brick wall. Very interesting.

11. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I'm not sure where it's at, but Dobson said that was intentional somewhere... I'll see if I can find it..

EDIT:

12. KikkiJikki

Actually I'd prefer two way viewing through that wall. What do they call them? Oh yeah, windows.

13. KMax

Well we could do a lineup of captured pirates on the outside shop shelf and protect our identities from choosing the pirate that wronged us :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. unicorn

today we made a party at brownies appartment and i faced that the same graphics thing we have with the shops is also when jumping in the appartment.

it happened on the area when you go upstairs in the appartment. the basement seem ok, i jumped around there and was ok.

that happen then:

View attachment 3641

greets

15. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

I also get this when I leave an apartment and go into the 'transporter lobby' - only triggers as I pass through the door then resets almost immediately

16. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yep I experienced this myself today.

17. unicorn

today we found out that the gigantic signs dont fit in the outer presenter.

the sign is either cut off at the top or the bottom depend on how you put it there.

it just dont fit :shrug:

is the place where you can look outside the windows but no windows on the outside are.

that causes that participant content which is uploaded for peds and the signs which have to be repaired to 90% TT cant be used there atm fully.

dont know if it was never planned that people put the gigantic signs there but beware currently if you upload content extra for that.

commodore harvir took it down to his own responsibility as he commanded the project on interim while the architect was lost on the first night at the moonshine bar.

brandon walker took it easy.

"see silvie I cant use the toilet but have a sign thank god noone called me this time first"

18. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

We also need add terminals and add screens araund arkadia

19. billairboy

billairboy Member

Any updates on this issue? Getting a bit annoying with the graphic going crazy each time i enter my shop.

20. Fallen

Fallen Member

as a potential customer i cant describe in words how much these shop glitches annoy me, well i can by saying, every time it happens i leave the shop frustrated and do not go to any arkadia shops for weeks until i have forgotten how annoying it is and try again :p