1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Shared Loot"

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by WhiningSkeptic, May 19, 2015.

1. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Heya,

Taco was running this sort of thing for a short while, people seemed keen to join but I think it stopped after a few days. So now I am looking to see if there is any interest to gather up teams for this type of hunting.

Rules would be simple:
    - Shoot as much as you can
    - Keep all items you loot
    - Don't be a dick
    - Have fun

Optimal would be to gather a full team (Think that is 12 members, correct?) after which most mobs on Arkadia can be slaughtered with ease. If we manage to average out at 50 dps we'll collectively have 600 dps meaning that mobs like Yuka or Kamaldon would fall like flies.

Let me know if there is any interest. Anyone would be welcome to join. I might be giving it a go tonight already (most likely not) but was thinking about trying to pull off a full team saturday night starting around 2000 and continuing for as long as people have ammo left.

• Like Like x 5
  2. San

San Well-Known Member

I do like the rule "keep what you loot". I hate the envy and social pressure to share items. If you win it, it forces you to cough up money even if you don't know whether you can sell the damn thing, or tt it right away if you can't afford to pay off the crowd.

But more than anything else, what I'd like to see with that kind of thing would be a good organisation in regard of who gets the kill to count for their iron challenge, since neither chance nor killpoints get shared. When I was a junior in my soc I enjoyed such hunts, but you have to be aware of and not mind that you always end up helping the stronger players dealing damage for their counters with no chance, not even fractional, of scoring one for yourself. What I mean is making sure that, if we're to attack big, mean things in team and someone has at most a 20 dps weapon at their disposal, then he/she shall get a slot at the helm while everybody else shoots with Opalos plus helps healing. Then taking turns for the next one etc. Just as example, scale up/down for what you're targeting (not Yuka with 12 * Opalo, of course). Does this make sense? Thinking also of the higher-hp but lower-dmg mutated mobs here, especially.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

If the average damage is indeed set to ~50 by all players in the team, then everyone has a fair chance on getting an item and getting the killpoints. Organizing 12 people to have similar piron/S&B guns shouldn't be that hard.

4. San

San Well-Known Member

You likely still have different aim skills or can take advantage of enhancers. Tried it already, you never get it to even out, even if you enforce the use of identical weapons.

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Ofc it never evens out, there will always be some one that has the most dmg. But there is no reason not to do it because of the randomness of weapons critting or creatures evading. That is down to RNG.
    Enhancers and amps could be checked for, all weapons could be 10/10 on hit and crit ability.

And as I said, everyone has a fair chance on getting an item and getting the killpoints. There is no guarantee, since there are people that can get lag, that die, w/e. Unless we are all magical unicorns that can't die and all hit the exact damage at the same time, it will never all be the same.

Ever went on opalo hunts?

• Like Like x 1
  6. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

The problem with that would be that it would get too complex. One could organize such hunts (I just recently got help from my socmates to gather some kamaldon killpoints) but the idea here is that anyone at any point could join.

While I myself don't mind shooting away 40 pec per second there are people out there who'd rather blast away 4 pec per second but still would enjoy joining a big team hunting big mobs.

The mission rewards are small enough to neglect the killpoints. If we take Yuka for instance the cost to get the first reward is about 776 ped while the reward is 2.19 ped of weapon handling. Net value of that skill is around 5 ped.

If people care about that, I don't think they are able to adapt to the finders keepers rule either.

7. San

San Well-Known Member

Yup, on Proteron, fun fun fun :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Iron challenges: Forget about the lower stages as a goal, of course they're not worth it for their reward alone. They're just milestones to get to the repeatable stage, although with Yuka this is really aiming for the moon. But it does boost morale to have a handful count anyway and it's a setback to know you haven't a chance.

That said, I don't want to criticize the whole idea, I like it. If it's too complicated to organise a rotating helm role, no biggie. I'd happily take part if requirements could be lowered just a wee bit -- the weapons that would lift me to 50 dps I just so haven't maxed yet at lvl 32 hit/31 dmg. Highest I can do is 43 dps with ARK-23 & Beast (46 with Ardenner-25 but haven't found one to buy last round). I have a Soul Mk.V tier 7 which could be damage enhanced all the way to 50/s, but it was a rare find with its mad tr's I don't want to grind it up. I use it for range (cheap powerful 100m tagger).

Or how about a maximum efficiency team? Since OP is known to have a knack for that ;) PBR-17 & Beast gets me about 37 dps and over 2.9 dpp, the maximum possible for BLP and affordable non-über stuff. Ardenners would be awesome for the ruckus, not sure if we could find enough if 12 needed to buy the same at once. Or I would move to lasers for the time if the majority preferred it (PLR-17 & Hotfoot20 => 37.53/2.89 and attainable, uL energy amps >20 cough). Times 12 these numbers are still staggering. If everybody came with the same, wouldn't that be cool? Mustn't be too expensive to get for the occasion for those who normally use other gear. Is it too much to ask that everybody also had the same armour, say Viceroy? I'd think most Ark fans have one anyway. Would be not just a team, but an army unit and all in black :cool:

Sorry for getting carried away and hijacking your thread :battleroar:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  8. Myea

Myea New Member

Skeptic you know I am down. I like to join bigger hunts. I am fully aware I have no shot at getting killpoint for quests. I dont care :).

9. sholle

sholle Active Member

ahhh I love opalo hunts/tt hunts
    here, I recorded with my soc hunt on Poroterons was really really fun!
    btw, not best video rec and graphs :(