1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Shadow" Stove A-3 and Shower Cabin

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Medeina, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Medeina

Medeina Member

So I've been buying furniture for my apartment. Things are coming along nicely, except for a couple of oddities. The Omegaton Stove A-3 is basically a shadow version of itself, as seen below.

View attachment 9242

It is currently untextured and uncolored. It's picture doesn't show up in the Item Description, and only as a thin line in my inventory. I tried putting on some orange paint (no current/preview pictures showed up either), with no change in appearance (except it showed up as a big red X in my inventory). I wonder if applying textures would do anything, but doubt it.

I tried the usual fixes: clearing shade cache, repairing files (no errors found), reloging, restarting computer. No help.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm playing on the highest settings.

The Shower Cabin has the same problem. The glass screen looks fine, but the rest are nerfed. It is also untextured and uncolored.

View attachment 9243

One more thing: towels. They look fine, until one brings them into light. Then they become almost pure white and with sparkly edges. Again: untextured and uncolored.

View attachment 9244

I wonder if texturing would overcome the problem, but have my doubts. These are hardly game killing bugs, but visually annoying as h-e-double-hockey-sticks when I'm hanging out at home. It will make for weird conversation if/when I have guests over, and how do I know what buttons to press on the stove when I'm cooking whatever I've been hunting?

2. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Pretty sure all these items are Calypso items Medeina...Not sure the Ark Devs can solve it for you....:(

3. Medeina

Medeina Member

Yeah, I figured. Posting it as much to see if anyone else has seen this and if it's new or been around a while. If it's an old problem and low on the To-Fix list, then I'm out of luck.

Unless Secret Santa sneaks in a few new Ark furniture blueprints in the next VU. :hail:

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I sometimes find that items of mine do this too....most of the time its no more than a badly loaded texture and once I walk out the area and come back it sorts itself. That said, there have been a few reports of bad texturing in the last week or so...Maybe its all related?

5. Medeina

Medeina Member

It's not a matter of bad one-time loading, as I've been in and out of my apartment, the Celeste server and the game itself a number of times. Might be related to the texturing issues you mention. At any rate, I've also submitted a support case directly to MA. We'll see what they say.