1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Like a Hunter of Carabok - Job

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Rean_Back, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

Hi, my name is Rean Back Banderas, and this is my offer, what do you think about that? If it has a good critic I will post it in a better way [post currently edited with new suggestions]:

THE JOB

I go hunt Carabok, which drop the valuated Carabok Hides and I return to you all the loots*.

THE MECHANIC

1. The costumer brings to me the ammunition that he wants to me to spend.
    2. He pays a fee of the 37.5% of the ammunition value in ped (decay of the weapon included in the fee).
    3. I go hunt focused only in that: no chats, no distractions.
    4. I return and I give you all the loot that Carabok dropped.
    5. *HOF or alienware mice will be shared to 50% & 50%. If you want to get the whole HOF or alienware mice if they are dropped, you must pay a charge of 12.5%.

# The fee has been created to make you lose very few ped if hunting go really really bad (even if it is, if you sell ck hides about more than 400% you will not lose anything) and to make you win much more in comparation if the hunting go normal, and really much more if hunting has unexpected good loots. I encourage you to do some calculates. Thank you.

# If you want to control the hunting, you can do it adding me to a party and checking it in the log chat.

HOURY AND PLACE

Arkadia - Celeste Quarry - Command Post Entrance

HUNTING TIME (MA 21:00 - 23:00) You only have to care about give me the ammunition that I can spend in that time or less, and to be online and at the quarry to finish the service.

___
    Ok. That's all. Suggestion, something I miss, something I said wrong, critiq all is valid. Repeat, there is no trick. Seriously people. Bussines.

Contact email: reanbackbanderas.eu@gmail.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hi, I'm just wondering if you have considered the cost of your weapon decay in setting your pricing.

Also what weapon are you planning on using?

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

3. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

Considering the current price on hides and their % in the loot, Caraboks are now 100% break-even mob to hunt.

Why would you like to work for somebody and give them all the loot, while you can hunt them yourself and break even?

Roughly, if you have 10% hides in the loot, and if you have 90% TT return and sell them for 200% MU that's the break-even point considering all other loot to be TT food.

In reality, you have 12% of them in the loot, MU is 450%, plus Eye Oil is not exactly TT food so you are pretty well off hunting them.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I would suggest you simplify it a little for your own sake, so you don't have to calculate anything or count how many carabok you kill. Just hunt until all the ammo is gone, and have the customer pay you a set fee in return, like 5% (just an example) of the amount of ammo he gave you, plus the cost of weapon decay. So for that you'd empty all ammo from your inventory before the hunt and write down the weapon's (and amp's) TT value at the beginning and end of the hunt.

I also recommend mentioning what weapons you will be using, and if you are using any amps. You'd pass all the decay on to the customer. And I also recommend finishing with the M2100 so you waste as little ammo as possible.

Any ammo you loot should probably just go back into the hunt, since the client wants hides, not ammo back. You also might think about what to do if you loot one of the alienware mice (sell it and split it 50-50?). And there are also very, very rare hofs that occur with punies. Not likely, but it's good to think how you'd split the loot, just in case :)

I think this service is a good idea, since the carabok hides are really in demand and the carabok can be tedious to hunt.

5. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

Actually the point of Neil is better so: the customer give me the ammution that he wants to me spending and also pay a % fee of the ammution he gave me. It is much more simple.

Then, like Neil said (after all, he was who teached me ^^) I use Law-101 to damage and M2100 to kill them (with lick carabok can die under 1 shoot of LAW-101). So, I think this is one of the best way to kill them saving peds. Oh, my abilities are maxed.

The reason of why I do this is because I am interested in skilling, not for now in trading in ah, so it is better for me to get rid off all the items which are no many value if you do not stack a lot and sell it in ah.
    Also I have to sell my carabok hide when I have only 300 for example, because I have no more ped in my pocket, and I have to pay the fee of the auction again and again but, someone who has 1000-2000k to sell only have to pay 0.50 ped, so he is saving much money than me.

Fee

So, I would say that the fee could be like the 37.5% of the ammunition. For example, for 4 ped ammunition, 1.5 ped to me. You have to think that if you are going to sell carabok hide to 500%-450%-even much less (+ items TT looted in a return of 85-90%) you are going to get much more ped (like endy said before) than what you are wasting in the ammunition of the hunt and paying my fee. Lastly, why thi fee?? At the end, I also want to make some profit of this. Hence, the fee has been created to make you lose very few ped if hunting go really really bad and to make you win much more in comparation if the hunting go normal, and really much more if hunting has unexpected good loots. I encourage you to do some calculates. It depends on you think if the risk worth it.

Maybe you are getting less than if you hunt by yourself and then sell all, but you can't be divided or play all the whole day, you know, no clones who do your work hehe, so think that i am like your litle brother who play when you are not, and i am less productive but, useful at the end.

In case of a HoF or the alienware mice, I think in a new solution. If you want to get the whole HOF or the alienware mice, you choose a fee with a 12.5% of charge. So you would pay 50% of ammution that you gave me. However you can choose not pay it, and in that case the HOF or alienware mice would be 50% & 50% shared.
    ___
    Keep giving me your opinion, although for now I think all has sense and it sound better. If anyone thinks that it could be fine he can contact me or whatever. I will be online in the game at the houry I said, so if someone is encourage to prove it this nigh, it will be fine.

Thank you guys.

6. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

I forgot to say (i do not know to edit anymore...) that the decay is included within the fee for now.

And also say that, even if the hunting go really wrong, i made the calculation basing on a sell of carabok hide about 400%, so you can compesating it selling 450% or 500%, which is the MU nowadays.

Also, if you want control the hunting or write the carabok hide dropped, you can do it adding me to a party and check it in the log chat.

7. Snuggins

Snuggins Member

I am sorry but how can someone trust you to be hired when you say "I give you exactly all the loot. Whatever they dropped. No trick," but then you also say that someone must pay an extra fee up front or you will just keep some of the loot if it's big or contains a rare drop?

When I first started I had "hunter for hire" plans too and tried to make offers (actually I was trying to hire hunters). There are always problems with the fact that extraordinary things can happen in the loot system. People want to take advantage of the big ones and protect themselves from the horrible 20% return runs. It's hard to structure a service like this that is actually fair.

Maybe you can make it work, but I think you are better off finding someone who will pay a nice price for your carabok hides in face to face trade and tt the rest of the loot until you have a big enough budget to sell stacks on auction. Good luck either way. :)

8. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

Sorry, it was a mistake because it was not editted with the new suggestions when I editted it. Anyone, if you are thinking (you or anyone) in hiring and you have in mind other terms of service you can write me mp, I am open.

FIXED

Thank you very much Snuggins. If this idea do not run I will try other way to do something good, the problem is that MA is really good structured and built. Have fun! And thanks to they guy who gave me reputation!!

9. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

This does not seem like a fair deal on the employers end, employer will loose ped most every time you go hunting for them.

example
    30ped ammo
    11.5 Ped for your hunting service (37.5% of cost of ammo)
    you return 85% tt value so give 25.5ped to person hiring you.

employer is down 17Ped and have a small fraction of that in hides. even if employer did sell hides would be hard to make up that much loss. and you gained all those skills at employers expense + make a 40+% profit while employer lost his shorts.

the 50/50 global hof part is fair though.

I think you need to think this out some more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

I am going to keep your example:

employer finally pay: 30+11.25 = 41.25 ped
    Lets going to say that you have returned the 90% so:
    90% of 30 = 27.

30 ped of ammunition are 300.000 weapon cells, that let you do 1034.48 shoots with LAW-101 or 3000 shoots with M2100.

M2100: with 3 or 4 shoots you could kill 1000 or 750, so lets say the average, you can kill 850.

1) Bad hunting: lets say you find 20 carabok hide per 100 killed, so you have (8.5 x 20) x 0.02 = 3.4 ped. If you sell it about 450% you get 15.3 ; 27+15.3 = 42.3
    Even this is the bad case, you ahve a profit of 1.05 peds. But come on, it can be better.

2) Good hunting: 25 (the same operations than before...... 27 + 19.08 = 46.08; profits = 4.83; you know is more or less likely get 30.

3) Really good hunting: 40 (......27 + 30.6 = 57.6) profits = 16.35. This is not very common but sometimes you can get like 20 caraboks hide at one loot.

0) Really bad hunting: 15 carabok hide per 100 killed (......27+11.475= 38.475) profits: -2.775. Well, I think this is uncommon, anyway you wont lose many.

I think that get money in Eu is not easy, hence you can think than in this way you can have a high probabilities to get an extra ped, but this is not a great way to make money; it is just cute.

Also think that you can sell carabok hides even for more. Of course, notice that if it value is decreased, also will be decreased my FEE. It makes sense.

Lastly, im not going to do the other case because it would take me too long time, but you know that the waste is 290, + 100 to kill them with M2100, and sometimes it is not neccesairy, so you can think that the profit is greater.

*** I had not in mind the misses shoots, anyway, i have my skills maxed so you can not expect to fail a lot agains caraboks (i have it proved), anyway, negative as positive profits will not really be very different.

Thank you very much. See ya.

11. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Ok Rean I can see your point now. It may be a fair way if the person hiring was to resell the hides to try to turn a profit. Good luck it does seem you have thought this out and make a fair example of how it will work. Kind of complicated but still seems to work out.

I would also suggest starting a Service's thread under Trading -> Services. Probably more of an appropriate spot to place this.

12. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I didn't think about that, should help any nervous customers. Sounds like a good plan, Rean, I like the changes you've made. Good luck hunting!

13. Rean_Back

Rean_Back Member

Finally, thank you for your viewpoint.

For now I decide do not do official the idea, so it will not take place but, the experience teached me more about events, purposes and way of play, bussines, you know, you guys are interesting and experimented and is easy to me to learn from you.

• Like Like x 1