1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Semi-new player saying hi :)

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Shaylynn(Shayde), Dec 1, 2014.

1. Shaylynn(Shayde)

Shaylynn(Shayde) New Member

Hi all...like the title says I'm a semi- new player.....originally started way back on calypso when Church of Lootius was around (2005) 4 or 5 months, collected gear..had a mentor and soc...then rl dragged me away. Came back for another try last year...rl issues drug me away again and I recently decided to return..this time if rl knocks I'll lock the door.

Looking for another society that has the same feel as the Church...group hunts with my mentor and other society mates...chatting and just hanging out..helping one another...I really miss it...If anyone wants to say hi I'm Sevanna Shadow Spiritwolf now..usually hang out around Celeste Quarry.

• Welcome! Welcome! x 7
  2. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Hello and welcome! Maybe look into Irken Invaders, dont know much about them, but they are from around the same time period, and I still bump into members of that soc.

3. Lars | Arkadia

Lars | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Welcome back and welcome to Arkadia!

4. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Welcome TO Arkadia & Arkadia Forum.

Theres still a lot of societies around from the origenal periods some may / may not have certin skill level requirements but this is a personal choice and so ones I can remember from way back in the day.

Irken Invaders
    Ramashif Titanic
    NBK Guard / NBK

Also Make sure if you havent you grab every available mission from the IFN Terminal for the skill rewards at the end of them and also if your a miner go to the mining office in celest quarry and pick up the mining missions from there too.

Will more than Lickley get told of by my Society Leader for failing to mention my soc but am aware there is a skill requirment to join. Good luck out there ;D

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

NBK Guard is no more but the NBK group of socs is still very active

NBK Army takes newish players with 0 to 5-0k skills
    NBK Rangers mid level soc (50-150k skills)
    Natural Born Killers our parent soc (150K +)

We are a mixture of professions, and a lively bunch :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. May

May Active Member

Welcome back. It may take a while, but they always return... [​IMG]

Since Irken Invaders was mentioned, I just want to add that there is no skill requirement to join.
    Irkens are a mixed group: from newbies who just arrived in this Universe, to experienced colonists who have been here a loooong time.
    If you want I can send an invite (nicer than using a soc terminal) so you can have a look around, and see if you like it.

ps.
    If you find old friends, and plan to send them a Friend Request: better wait until the both of you are online.
    It's slightly bugged atm, and if one is offline, the request is ending up in limbo.
    Which means it's really lost, and both wont be able to send new requests.
    So until MA (ever) fixes the bug, that person will be unable to inhabit your FL. [​IMG]

7. Shaylynn(Shayde)

Shaylynn(Shayde) New Member

May, since I'm online now if your out there feel free to PM me...maybe we can chat a bit more

8. May

May Active Member

Seems I just missed you.
    I tried to find you in the player register: you are Shaylynn Shayde Vlodovic, right?
    Because there is another Shayde looking very alike.
    Don't want to send a PM to the wrong person (yet again [​IMG] ).

Nara Yuki Xara

9. HaKuRa

HaKuRa Active Member

Hi bud, and welcome back !!

As you i played a few month in 2006 and back like 4/5 months ago.

If you need any advices i'm here to help you out, also if you look for a cool society we can speak about that.

My in-game nikename : HaKuRa HaKuRa 53i

Planet Arkadia is also my home now, i just moved up on Ark leaving caly. Because arkadia is the most active planet at the moment and i love it

Also if you wanna hunt in group, we go often to hunt so if you like to join it, it would be with plaisure.

See you on Entropia Universe :)

10. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

as former nbk, I just gotta say, that monthly update on skills in the in soc terminal gets old fast. They don't have skill requirement on lower soc much but do on moves up to next soc, and you can get kicked if you miss that monthly update thing even by a day according to some... (I think the current nbk leadership isn't as much cranky/fascist/cyberbully/drama queens as the old regime, but think they still have monthly updates on skills in soc term)

I'm in Kaos now and love it. :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  11. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Must...resist...Skylanders joke...

12. Granny Rowan

Granny Rowan Active Member

As General of NBK Army I would like to clarify regarding monthly updates of skills info in the NBK.

True.. We do ask that all members take a few minutes a month to update their skills info on the soc terminal.
    The reasons for this are that promotions to next rank are skills based and always have been.
    Also movement to next soc in the group is also skills based.

So without updates the officers are unable to determine who needs promotion and when.
    It also allows us to see who may need a little help, advice or encouragement if skilling stalls.
    It also allows us to identify long term inactives. This 'dead wood' can block places that could be made available to others (Remember MA has dictated a max size for a soc.)

Given that our officers freely give a lot of time to help and advise (informal mentoring) as well as organise hunts and events from time to time, it is little enough to ask for this help toward running the soc smoothly.

As for booting for 1 day late.. well it took me 10 minutes to stop laughing when I read that. I very much doubt anyone even gets demoted let alone booted until a month more has passed with several reminders.

NBK is about having fun while helping each other, not about unnecessary or punitive admin.